insuring your new UK car after a spell in Oz with Oz NCB

gravy258

• 2 months later...

Quick update, after paying for expensive short term insurance since August, have just fibslly got a decent quite/price. Through RAC website, who were charging me £150 a month for short term insurance. Just got fully comp, for my husband as main driver on a European license, me on a uk license, breakdown cover and personal accident insurance for £37 a month. It is the only one that allowed me to input a foreign no claims rating ( info gave yo send in paperwork) so finally ...... And it is actually with Aviva ( even though about 10 mins previously the aviva website declined my quote using the exact same info)

vety happy at last!

I have also tried online quotes and then rang the insurers to clarify as the NCD was earned in Australia. Direct line wouldn't recognise the Australian rating 1 for life and I failed to find any other insurance company that would. I even went through an insurance agency who did manage to find companies that would recognise the Australian discount but they turned out more expensive than the companies that weren't giving any discount!

i suspect that yes they will accept whatever you fill in on your online enquiry but when I actually called them to clarify they said that no they would not recognise the Australian rating 1.

Archived