References

Hodgies2Oz

I am starting to ask around my friends, colleagues and ex colleagues for work and/or character references. I am being asked what tgey should put in these references so that will help me with both work and securing a rental.

Any advice on what these should say???? Thank you for any help

I found alot of real estates only accepted aus personal references which was very frustrating...in the end I just lied n gave myself as reference as didn't know anyone when first arrived..put on bit of an accent when they phoned my husbands phone! ;) For wrk refs the jobs I've applied for have their own forms they email out to be filled in and returned as reference. I would just get a statement of service. I guess it depends what type of work you are looking for.

Our estate agent in the UK that sold our house put how easy we were to deal with and how the house was always well kept when they came round etc.

Our bosses put about our reliability and generally how great we were at work :-)

We didn't get any from friends as the other two seemed to suffice.

I am starting to ask around my friends, colleagues and ex colleagues for work and/or character references. I am being asked what tgey should put in these references so that will help me with both work and securing a rental.

Any advice on what these should say???? Thank you for any help

If an Aussie employer wants a reference, they will probably want to call the person. Or failing that, they will provide a form to fill in with specific questions. So there is no need to do anything at this point, other than maybe find a couple of willing referees and put them on notice.

References for rentals are not compulsory either. We were renting our own place out so we got the letting agent to write a note which was about two lines long and said the house was well presented. That was it for references and I am not even sure if that was required although we did include it in our pack. We also wrote a statement about ourselves, selling ourselves to landlords /agents.

Archived