Certifying documents is it neccessary?

geordiesarah

Hi chaps

Hope you can help!

Just about to send off my Visa form (189 skilled independent)

Have colour scanned all my documents, but do I need to get my passport and spouses passport and birth certificate certified?

And if so by whom?

Have searched through the immi website and some say yes and some say no.

When i did my skills assessment my friend who is a nurse certified everything, would she be able to do it for my visa too?

Or i have another friend who is a solicitor, could they do it?

Many Thanks

Sarah

Hi chaps

Hope you can help!

Have colour scanned all my documents, but do I need to get my passport and spouses passport and birth certificate certified?

And if so by whom?

When i did my skills assessment my friend who is a nurse certified everything, would she be able to do it for my visa too?

Many Thanks

Sarah

Hi, As long as they are colour scans of the original they dont need certifying. Just make sure nothing is over 5mb.

Hi chaps

Hope you can help!

And if so by whom?

Many Thanks

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Was wondering if you have your positive skills assessment back - if your friend certified everything. If so then thats great (my nursing assessment i had to go to the courts and get a JOP to certify everything) but that may not be required in all occupations.

If you have everything back and are ready to lodge for a 189 visa, once you are invited to apply then you can just have colour scan of everything which are accepted - hope that helps :-)

Hi guys

Sorry for the slow reply, I have got everything together and about to send everything off today. I have ended up getting my docs certified by a solicitor as my friend did it for free.

Very excited at this point! apart from the fact they put the prices up today

thanks for your help!

Archived