Any people near us who fancy meeting up

Looking to meet couples Between Main Beach & Burliegh ( Gold Coast Really) for nights out or a good meal/drink, I'm 35 & partner 39, we have kids but always good to get out :) been finding it hard to meet people as been busy but now getting settled.

look forward to hearing from you

Lorna

• 4 months later...

Hi Reem D,

To be honest I didn't make too many friends in Melbourne, but the people I did meet were really awesome. These were mostly through Air b&b and housesits I was doing.

I've moved to Wagga now and made it a priority to make new friends and now that I'm putting the effort in it's proving quite rewarding. I've been using the meet up website which has been helpful and just trying to be a little bit more social in general.

I don't have kids or a job as I'm just on a tourist visa, I also don't tend to stay in hostels as many back packers do so I've probably limited my options!

Good luck in Melbourne, if our paths ever cross, I'll happily meet up for a coffee :)

Thanks for the reply Maxine! Yes it seems we'll have to make a huge effort and be really social in order to make new friends. But I suppose that's the case when you move to somewhere completely new.

Yes do let me know if you're ever in Melbourne.

Take Care :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lorna, i live in Varsity Lakes, and am looking to make new friends, i am 41 and from Essex! (nothing like the only way is Essex!), i am single at the moment and don't have kids but i also have a few other Brit friends, i am up for a laugh and a beer or food and a chin wag, let me know if you fancy meeting up sometime.