Partners UK job whilst moving to Australia

Boznich

Hi all,

My 457 visa is in progress and wondered if anyone had experiance of their partner working for a UK company when we move out to oz on Sept. She works remotely from home so may contune with the job when we move and of course the company would pay her wages to i guess her UK bank as she would technically be a UK employee, i assume this is allowed (?). Would we be subject to double tax?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

My 457 visa is in progress and wondered if anyone had experiance of their partner working for a UK company when we move out to oz on Sept. She works remotely from home so may contune with the job when we move and of course the company would pay her wages to i guess her UK bank as she would technically be a UK employee, i assume this is allowed (?). Would we be subject to double tax?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

She would not "technically" be a UK employee. She would be an Australian employee, as that is based upon where she is, not where the company HQ is.

The UK company would need to administer Australian payroll or she would need to set up as a contractor and sort all that out herself.

Archived