Newbies Mark & Diane Jones In UK

Mark Jones

Hi everyone, just posted a thread in the Migration forum section asking specific questions but wanted to say hello here as I think we will be using this site lot between now and getting ourselves to Oz.

Mark & Diane Jones

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK

Hi everyone, just posted a thread in the Migration forum section asking specific questions but wanted to say hello here as I think we will be using this site lot between now and getting ourselves to Oz.

Mark & Diane Jones

Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK

hi we are from Swadlincote,Derbyshire we are a family of 4 and are waiting for our visa to cum through, we lodged April 13th and are heading to the Gold Coast. Where and when are you thinking of going?

Hi, nice to hear from you. We have not started the visa application process yet due to issues with my wifes medical history. If you look at our post today in Migration forum its all in there. When we eventually go it will be to the Blue Mountains area just outside Sydney. My son lives in Sydney but its not for us. We live on the edge of the Peak District so need some greenery round us plus Sydney is too much like London.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there

I am currently living near the Blue Mountains, been here nearly 12 months (moved over from New Zealand last year, was living in NZ for 11 years, previously from Yorkshire.

I guess if your son lives here he will of told you about the ridiculous house prices here, and not just Sydney but NSW as a whole. We are still renting, not prepared to pay these out of control house prices here, the house's are not worth what they are asking one bit.

Good luck with the move anyway ;)

Hey there

I am currently living near the Blue Mountains, been here nearly 12 months (moved over from New Zealand last year, was living in NZ for 11 years, previously from Yorkshire.

I guess if your son lives here he will of told you about the ridiculous house prices here, and not just Sydney but NSW as a whole. We are still renting, not prepared to pay these out of control house prices here, the house's are not worth what they are asking one bit.

Good luck with the move anyway ;)

Hi kaiapoilady, thanks for the reply to our post. We have actually visited the Blue Mountains a few times during trips to see our son. Thats the reason we decided to base ourselves there. I am surprised at your comments regarding prices of property. We found them to be comparable with UK prices and in some instances cheaper. I do agree that you are not getting bricks and mortar in most cases but you have to live somewhere. For us moving to Oz will be a massive wrench as we live next to the beautiful Peak District so the Blue Mountains is the obvious choice if we want to be relatively near our son and his wife and still have views of 'green hills' on the doorstep.

Archived