iOS apps for Sydney and Opal Travel fares?

Clyde

Please do not make recommendations which are universal, such as Google Maps or Uber. As a Londoner I'm looking for the best equivalents of Tube Map and Citymapper, and also any other apps which are specifically useful to Sydneysiders.

Secondly, is Airport - Central by train really $15‽ This is the quote from the Opal Travel app.

Airport - Central by train is $7 (off-peak) / $10 (peak) and 20km longer in London...

Please do not make recommendations which are universal, such as Google Maps or Uber. As a Londoner I'm looking for the best equivalents of Tube Map and Citymapper, and also any other apps which are specifically useful to Sydneysiders.

Secondly, is Airport - Central by train really $15‽ This is the quote from the Opal Travel app.

Airport - Central by train is $7 (off-peak) / $10 (peak) and 20km longer in London...

Travel is cheap in Sydney except for anything that involves the airport stations, and yes the $15 is correct. It's a ridiculous penalty for using the airport stations.

I had 'Moovit' on my android LG G3 phone, but then the phone broke, and I've replaced it with a Sony Esperia Z3 (my new love) and one of the few apps I had was 'Moovit' which I did not know is world-wide. I don't know which apps to recommend for life in Sydney, the equivalent to the ones you have in the UK? I loved my ANZ bank app because it was so much easier to use than their website (I've forgotten my password again.) I also liked my 'Clipp' account, which is a scheme operated by many, mostly, inner city, pubs, which allows you to open a tab yourself, and tell the bar staff your 'Clipp no' and they put through the till.

The train service to 'Domestic' and 'International' is expensive, because of a deal between the NSW government and whoever has deal to operate airport - Macquarie Bank? It's just as dear to park at the airport, and there are few bus services. Trains to south western Sydney call at those airports and fares to stations many miles further on are cheaper.

http://www.transportnsw.info/

[h=1]Real-time transport apps - Keep updated - Travelling with us[/h] Transport mobile apps help you to track your service in real-time. Choose from the following real-time transport apps: TripGo, NextThere, Triptastic, TripView, Arrivo Sydney or TransitTimes+. You can also use a real-time road app for traffic information..

[h=3]Opal Card - opal.com.au‎[/h]Adwww.opal.com.au/Order-Card

1. 13 67 25
    Tap Into One Ticket For All Modes Of Transport For Easier Travel.
    30% Off-Peak Train Fares · Ride Free After 8 Trips · Sunday $2.50 Travel Cap

[h=2]Search Results[/h]

1. [h=3]Opal apps | transportnsw.info[/h]www.transportnsw.info/opal-apps

Get your train, bus or ferry trip options and how much it will cost with Opal. Displays adult, child/youth and senior/pensioner fares as well as Opal card retailers.

I also liked my 'Clipp' account, which is a scheme operated by many, mostly, inner city, pubs, which allows you to open a tab yourself, and tell the bar staff your 'Clipp no' and they put through the till.

Thanks. This is a fantastic recommendation and exactly what I'm looking for. Very innovative app too. There's nothing like it for London - I can imagine it being the next Hailo.

Thanks. This is a fantastic recommendation and exactly what I'm looking for. Very innovative app too. There's nothing like it for London - I can imagine it being the next Hailo.

The flaw is that it is linked to your credit card, not your debit card! But if you in an area, you can see which bars nearby offer it, and open your account before you go in. I have resolved to use cash and put my credit card in the freezer, but not just yet.

Archived