Positive job experience

Peachy

Thought I would post with some tips and our positive experience on the job front. In no way supposed to be a boast post - just sharing!

We fly to Brisbane on Tuesday. We have both secured jobs from UK.

OH is a social worker. Applied for 5 jobs online and no interest so emailed one of the managers for feedback on CV and application. Adjusted CV accordingly and completely reworked covering letter.

Next application phoned potential employer first to make personal connection. Submitted revised application. Interview offered. Worked backside off for 2 full days preparing to gain good understanding of Australian system. Had spent last few months reading relevant text books. Interview followed by job offer.

I had same experience. Spent hours and hours researching legal sector and relevant laws. Applied for job with very directed covering letter. Interview from first job application and got offered position.

We have been extremely lucky but what seems to have worked for us is making personal connection - just by phoning before submitting application and then making sure we took the time to know the Australian system. I even had some textbooks shipped from Australia to UK to help with prep!!

I know that loads off you have already had this sort of success but I was really anxious about job prospects so wanted to let people know it is possible :-)

Hope someone finds this useful xx

Archived