TRA,Help ! Please!

Guest wheresthesun

Guest wheresthesun

Hi All,

I am preparing all my documents for my TRA,i am a Fitter& Turner(Including Machining) by trade.

I have a couple questions that i need help with,please.

I am trying to match my skills and experince to the offical description of what an Australian Fitter/Turner does and uses and similar phrases where possible.

Can anyone please help me with where i could find the offical description of an Australian Fitter/Turner?

I also did my apprenticeship abroad,and the companies there are not giving me any help at all.I also worked there after passing out.

I have tried writing ,emailing,faxing and even calling.All i have got is frustrated and angry!.

I know i can submit a Statutory Declaration explaing this,but it is huge amount , all my apprenticeship training,of my working life to omitt.

Can anyone forsee this being a problem.?

I also have the same problem with some companies here,management have changed and new management are not prepared to give the required detailed reference or any help.No amount of explaining how the important is can change their minds.

I feel like i am flogging a dead horse!

Can anyone offer any advice please!Any thing will surely help!

Thank you.

wheresthesun

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Hi,

If you type in a search for ANZSCO, you will get the "Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, 2006"

Its a HUGE pdf, but has everything you should need on it.

While it doesnt give full job descriptions it does detail every requirement and expectation, and all the variations for every occupation you can think of!

Pea,x

Guest wheresthesun

Hi again xxsweetpeaxx,

Thanks for your help.

What did u think of the Expo,was it any use or were fighting with the crowds like me.

wheresthesun

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Hi,

Yes was fighting through the crowds!

I just don't know at present whether it will lead to something, but it certainly was interesting and worth the trip for sure.

How did you find it?

Pea,x

Guest wheresthesun

Hi,

All the reps on the stands aere really helpful.There really is a shortage of skilled workers there!.In all worth the shoving and all the excuse me`s.

A good thing,i have had three positive emails from companies but it all comes down to "TRA"

Did u get anything out of it.

wheresthesun

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Well..it remains to be seen!!

Most hadnt even heard of what I do, or outright said they were'nt interested! No mincing of words!

A few were interested and have emailed me since coming back, but from there on its a waiting game, you see my job is a bit unusual so all they could say is we will ask when we get back to Aus.

Best bit of the day..meeting up with old friends in Covent Garden, getting a bit tipsy and having a good laugh :lol: ....... worst bit..dying for the loo on the tubes, then buying delish looking sandwich for train home and getting on train to learn it hadnt been put in the bag all I had was serviettes and a pack of crisps :cry:

I am still hopefull though that eventually I will get out there!

Pea,x

Guest wheresthesun

Lol

As long as you has a good time oneway or the other.

As for the sandwich,the man or woman above new it was nasty and stopped you from eating it.Hope that makes you feel better!

Perhaps you should apply for TRA first,and then email as many companies and agencies to try and get some feed back.

If that doesnt work,buy a ticket and hop onto a plane down under and try and sort something out in person.

If you get a positive outcome,you can sort something out!

Oh yes you can also buy me when i get there!

Cheers mate mines a fosters

wheresthesun

Archived