moving to brisbane- advice please!

nish123

We live in Birkdale( near Wellington point), moved here in December after 15 years in Sydney. I wish we had moved here when we first come to oz the because we love it here, great great area.

Not enough Geordies though :)

Cleveland is a great spot - we went to the bench last night had a great beer or two.

Maybe we start the Redlands Pommie club

Macnet - if you're on Facebook, there is Poms On The Bay as a group. People often post events and things there.

Love The Bench. Actually dropping hubby there in a bit before he goes to watch the Rugby!

Thanks flower just joined ... Hope the other half enjoys rugby. Was bloody freezing there last night... And loud because of the roof, but good anyway.

Hi! Glad you like it there. We're coming next week and Tina's hubby has already been advertising the bench to me so I'm in! Haha. We'll Definately arrange a meet up there when we arrive. Always up for a drink.

Devestating about hearing of how cold it is to welcome me! I'm having a BBQ here today in sunny cardiff haha.

Hi! Glad you like it there. We're coming next week and Tina's hubby has already been advertising the bench to me so I'm in! Haha. We'll Definately arrange a meet up there when we arrive. Always up for a drink.

Devestating about hearing of how cold it is to welcome me! I'm having a BBQ here today in sunny cardiff haha.

It's not that bad...20c during the day, nippy at night.

"where we can go shopping, nusery, walk to restaurants/bars"...on the southside you don't have as many options when wanting to "walk to restaurants/bars". I would say Bulimba is the best, then the Graceville/Chelmer area. The rest is very suburban. Inner city southside has Woolloongabba, South Brisbane and West End/Highgate Hill.

Macnet - if you're on Facebook, there is Poms On The Bay as a group. People often post events and things there.

Love The Bench. Actually dropping hubby there in a bit before he goes to watch the Rugby!

For some reason I am not finding the Group on Facebook. I am not very experienced with FB which probably explains it. Is there any chance of sending me a PM with the link to it.

many thanks

David

For some reason I am not finding the Group on Facebook. I am not very experienced with FB which probably explains it. Is there any chance of sending me a PM with the link to it.

many thanks

David

Please ignore. Found it with a little help (from 11 year old daughter lol).

Archived