Medical

Biker Dave

I was under the impression that when applying for a Partner Visa within Australia you would be asked by the authorities to have a medical around the same time as the police check so that it was up to date. Just downloaded a copy of the Partner Migration booklet and it states that you should have the medical done by Bupa Medical Visa Services before you apply.

Is this correct?

TIA

I was under the impression that when applying for a Partner Visa within Australia you would be asked by the authorities to have a medical around the same time as the police check so that it was up to date. Just downloaded a copy of the Partner Migration booklet and it states that you should have the medical done by Bupa Medical Visa Services before you apply.

Is this correct?

TIA

Anyone please?

Anyone please?

Hi Dave,

The migration booklet isn't very clear is it? It says -

"In some cases, you will be able to undertake health examinations before you lodge your visa application. This will enable you to lodge a complete application, which may help to speed up processing of your application. This service is not available in all countries so you should check with the office outside Australia at which you will be lodging your application. Contact details are on page 11."

I think that this was written on the good old days when processing times were significantly less than a year and there was little chance of the medical expiring before the visa was granted/activated.

Rest assured that you don't need to have the medical done in advance and your understanding about the authorities advising when to get the police check and medical done is correct. In my case, the window during which I should have these done was clearly stated in the first mail from my CO acknowledging the receipt of my application.

Hopefully this puts your mind at rest?

Good luck with your application.

Archived