Hi all

opg1987

Hi all,

I've been lurking around this forum for a while now and have finally signed up.

I'm a 28 year old male from south east England. I recently spent 2 years in Australia (4 months travelling up the east coast and 20 months in WA).

I've been back in England for over a year now and all I can think about is moving back to south west Australia. (I've fallen in love with Perth and the Margaret River/Dunsborough area).

I'm an IT systems engineer with just over 3 years experience. I'm looking to acquire another 2 years experience and apply for skilled migration (5 years and diploma) in 2017.

I will be looking to move to Perth once I have my visa.

So yeah, excuse any seemingly silly questions you may see me asking over the next couple years and wish me luck. :cute:

Oliver.

Hi, I'm on this asking silly questions all the time !

Were in the same boat, my husband has loads of experience working in air con but another year of his course to do before we can go so were aiming to move to Queensland in 2017 :) which gives us plenty of time to sort out our visa etc . good luck with everything !

Hi, I'm on this asking silly questions all the time !

Were in the same boat, my husband has loads of experience working in air con but another year of his course to do before we can go so were aiming to move to Queensland in 2017 :) which gives us plenty of time to sort out our visa etc . good luck with everything !

Thanks. Here's hoping 2017 is a successful year for us both.

Welcome to the forum and all the best with the visa process when you come to apply :)

Thanks.

Just read your signature - When are you off and where are you going?

I notice you took the IELTS. Is that because you required the extra points? How many points did you get for 4 x 9's?

In terms of asking questions, where is best to ask them on this site? Should I just create a thread in the 'Migration Issues' board or is that more for people who are in the middle of an application?

Thanks.

Just read your signature - When are you off and where are you going?

I notice you took the IELTS. Is that because you required the extra points? How many points did you get for 4 x 9's?

In terms of asking questions, where is best to ask them on this site? Should I just create a thread in the 'Migration Issues' board or is that more for people who are in the middle of an application?

Not sure when I'm off to be honest! Hopefully early next year, but it could be later. I'll go wherever I can find a job, but probably either Melbourne or Brisbane :)

I had to sit Academic IELTS as part of my skills assessment (though only needed 7s for the skills assessment). Came in handy re points though as I would have needed all 8s for the 20 points (though this could have been in General IELTS).

Regarding where to ask questions, it depends what the subject matter is. If it's about visas/the application process, your best bet is the Migration Issues forum but if it's general Australia questions then there are a bunch of sub forums which may be more suitable. There are also state specific sub forums which can be useful when after state specific information (such as where to live etc). Hope that helps!

Archived