EOI' s in June???

Hodgies2Oz

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Spire Healthcare. There's a few in the country. The one I booked was Manchester so I don't know if the others will do weekends, but Manchester certainly does. I found the list of medical panel doctors on the immi website.

For the weekend appointment it wasn't any extra money but the blood tests didn't go in until the Monday and came back on Tuesday. I think that by Wednesday or Thursday I noticed that they were uploaded.

No other news about the visa, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won't hear anything until after the 1st July now!

Im in the East Midlands (Lincolnshire/Cambridgshire borders)... Birmingham is an hour or so away... or London is the same by train....

Its just to hard to get time off during the week and I don't want the questions from work....

Im in the East Midlands (Lincolnshire/Cambridgshire borders)... Birmingham is an hour or so away... or London is the same by train....

Its just to hard to get time off during the week and I don't want the questions from work....

Yes it looks like the Spire's in Sutton Coldfield or Brentwood, Essex may be the best bet for you then.

Just give them a call, you'll need your HAP ID to book so they can locate your file on eMedical. I would have thought that all Spire's do weekends but I honestly don't know for sure. Also, when you go on the particular spire website for the location you want to go to you'll see the price list for the medicals at the bottom. Strangely the prices vary by quite a lot, for example the Spire in Manchester is 280 for an adult medical and the one in Sutton Coldfield is 320. That's £80 difference for two adults so shop around and see if it's worth the extra travel.

Yes it looks like the Spire's in Sutton Coldfield or Brentwood, Essex may be the best bet for you then.

Just give them a call, you'll need your HAP ID to book so they can locate your file on eMedical. I would have thought that all Spire's do weekends but I honestly don't know for sure. Also, when you go on the particular spire website for the location you want to go to you'll see the price list for the medicals at the bottom. Strangely the prices vary by quite a lot, for example the Spire in Manchester is 280 for an adult medical and the one in Sutton Coldfield is 320. That's £80 difference for two adults so shop around and see if it's worth the extra travel.

The Essex one is £290 by the way.

Cheers...

Whats is the HAP ID ??? do you get this once you receive an invite ??

It's after you've applied for the visa and paid the fee.

You can request a HAP ID earlier I think. I saw something about that a few days back on the immi website. I'll have a look and get back to you.

I only started to look through this long thread so may have made some assumptions however as we were told nearly 2 years ago, the new system of application allows the selection of the best candidates from all applications where as the old system was on a first come first served basis. The new system therefore places significant emphasis on ensuring your skills are properly assessed and your point tally is as high as it can possibly be without being fraudulent.

I applied August 2013 (being the first month of the new system) and got accepted with 85 points! There was a huge back up of applications meaning they could cherry pick who they wanted. I was very fortunate and grateful. I reset my IELTS to get the additional 10 points to push my way towards the top of the pile, if struggling I would recommend anybody else do the same.

Applications which just scrape the 60 points maybe in for a wait.

S

I only started to look through this long thread so may have made some assumptions however as we were told nearly 2 years ago, the new system of application allows the selection of the best candidates from all applications where as the old system was on a first come first served basis. The new system therefore places significant emphasis on ensuring your skills are properly assessed and your point tally is as high as it can possibly be without being fraudulent.

I applied August 2013 (being the first month of the new system) and got accepted with 85 points! There was a huge back up of applications meaning they could cherry pick who they wanted. I was very fortunate and grateful. I reset my IELTS to get the additional 10 points to push my way towards the top of the pile, if struggling I would recommend anybody else do the same.

Applications which just scrape the 60 points maybe in for a wait.

S

Yes that absolutely right. The way it works is that the allocation is filled up with 75+ first, then 70, 65 with the 60 points being invited to fill the remaining places on a first come first served basis. So for example if there is an allocation for 1000 invites and 800 are taken up with 65+ points then the remaining will go to the 60 pointers. Then it all resets again and for the next round it starts again. People with 60 points do move up the queue and will be invited, but it usually takes a few invitation rounds.

Thanks Cap.... just trying to mitigate any big delay if/when we get an invite....

The last couple of posts are interesting (and very accurate)... Whats is really hard to understand, is just how many EOI's might be in front of you.... For example, looking back over a few months (when there used to be two invitation rounds per month - now one larger invitation round), it appears that there are up to 1,000 applicants who have 65+ points.... the rest go to 60 pointers...

The last couple of invitation rounds had only 500 invitations (1,000 in June). The invitations which were issued to 60 pointers was up to and including the 9th May (invitation round held 19th June). So (I think), every applicant with 65 or more points up to the (18th June??) has already had an invite.... the cut off for 60 points was May 9th.

This means, EVERYONE who has applied up until 9th May has been invited, unless your occupation has already hit the 2014/15 ceiling (such as computer programmer, Accountants, etc)...

So, assuming after July there are no big changes to the SOL, I wonder whether the first invitation round will be dominated by those occupations who hit the ceiling last year and have backed up in the system...!!! Naturally, any one who has above 65+ points and has applied since the last invitation round will be first in the cue...

But given they have committed to 2,300 visa's in July 6th..... I can't help but wonder if accountants and others will take many of the first visa round....

Captain C - what do you think?? And is there any way of finding out how many people are in the cue ahead of us ???

Cheers

Thanks Cap.... just trying to mitigate any big delay if/when we get an invite....

The last couple of posts are interesting (and very accurate)... Whats is really hard to understand, is just how many EOI's might be in front of you.... For example, looking back over a few months (when there used to be two invitation rounds per month - now one larger invitation round), it appears that there are up to 1,000 applicants who have 65+ points.... the rest go to 60 pointers...

The last couple of invitation rounds had only 500 invitations (1,000 in June). The invitations which were issued to 60 pointers was up to and including the 9th May (invitation round held 19th June). So (I think), every applicant with 65 or more points up to the (18th June??) has already had an invite.... the cut off for 60 points was May 9th.

This means, EVERYONE who has applied up until 9th May has been invited, unless your occupation has already hit the 2014/15 ceiling (such as computer programmer, Accountants, etc)...

So, assuming after July there are no big changes to the SOL, I wonder whether the first invitation round will be dominated by those occupations who hit the ceiling last year and have backed up in the system...!!! Naturally, any one who has above 65+ points and has applied since the last invitation round will be first in the cue...

But given they have committed to 2,300 visa's in July 6th..... I can't help but wonder if accountants and others will take many of the first visa round....

Captain C - what do you think?? And is there any way of finding out how many people are in the cue ahead of us ???

Cheers

Cheers

There's no real way of discovering that, it's only really guess work until the actual invite day.

If accountants and the like have put in EOI's during May/June and they have 60 points and have been sitting in the queue, then it's most likely that they will be invited first because it's all based on the date that the EOI was submitted.

That being said, there may be a horrendous amount of accountants/programmers etc that had more than 60 points which would normally be invited first (before people with 60 points). There could end up being a situation with all of the available July places being taken up by 65 + points, and 60's won't even get a look in.

It's all guesswork really, until the actual invitation round. Usually it takes two or three (fortnightly) invitation rounds to be invited when you have 60 points, but in this situation with the back log it could be longer. I expect that the situation will have ironed itself out when the August round is completed. You can be assured however that for the remaining places it will be on first come first served as it's all automated.

Sorry you are in this situation, I know how hard the waiting is, and not knowing is even worse, so I really do sympathise. All I can say is just try to be patient and wait until 8th July (I think that's the date) and see if you get the invite, if not then wait until August.....I'll eat Paddy Ashdown's Hat if you don't get invited before August....hang on, he's eaten it already.

I haven't yet.... I guess I want to wait until the new SOL is out, just to make sure I am not doing all of this for nothing...!! (although I am sure all will be good)...

Once that is clear I will give them a call.... I will probably head over to Birmingham....

By the way - what do they actually test you for ??? is it just a general test or is there a standard list..?? (just curious)...

When do you hope to migrate to Oz ?? any dates planned yet ?

I haven't yet.... I guess I want to wait until the new SOL is out, just to make sure I am not doing all of this for nothing...!! (although I am sure all will be good)...

Once that is clear I will give them a call.... I will probably head over to Birmingham....

By the way - what do they actually test you for ??? is it just a general test or is there a standard list..?? (just curious)...

When do you hope to migrate to Oz ?? any dates planned yet ?

Remind me of your occupation again....?

Birmingham is the more expensive one, but if it's easier for you then it's probably worth it. I hate travelling all over the country for things so I'm happy to pay extra to prevent that!

The medical is pretty straightforward, blood test for HIV (except for under 16 years old) stick test urine for glucose and blood, read an eye chart with/without glasses, chest X-ray for TB, and a doctor has a look in your eyes, ears, takes your blood pressure, listens to heart/lungs etc. only takes a few mins for everything really. We went (Two adults and one child) and were in and out in 45 mins.

Hoping to be out before March 2016, no firm plans made yet.

Archived