Does 5 a side / 7 a side footy even exist in Sydney?!

element89

Hi all,

Having moved to Sydney a little over 6 weeks ago I've been on the constant lookout for some regular mid-week 5 a side or 7 a side footy (soccer) games. I attempted in vain to set up a regular 5 a side game between friends in Manly where the sport oval is free 3 nights per week. Unfortunately Lisa from the council crushed my dreams, explaining that the rugby club lease the pitch over winter and aren’t allowed to sub-lease it.

In the past week or so I’ve searched through Gumtree & have accosted every Brit I’ve come across in the hopes of finding a team in need of a player or league (either in the CBD, Manly or Neutral Bay area) but seemingly everyone plays touch rugby mid-week or 11 a side at the weekends.

Not wanting to sacrifice my weekends I was wondering if anyone knew of any mid-week games/leagues that occur?!

Any help appreciated

Nick

Yep my OH played five a side every week on either a Monday or Wednesday. We lived in Northern Beaches and at first he played in Manly but then they moved and started to play at the Warringah RL pitch in Brookvale. I will ask for the contact details and revert. Oh this was an over 35s team though, is that any good?

Ah thanks mate but I'm 25 unfortunately! If he know's of anything else suitable that would be ace!

He says he will see what he can dig out about other teams. We are back in UK now and he just off to work, so leave it with me until later.

• 3 weeks later...
He says he will see what he can dig out about other teams. We are back in UK now and he just off to work, so leave it with me until later.

Did you ever get an update with this? I'm going to seriously miss my Wednesday night Footy matches.

Archived