skilled employment assessment

Roniel

Hi

Just need help with this - I received positive outcome on skill assessment.. but skilled employment assessment done by CPA is negative. Will this affect my application... I completed one of the four core knowledge area last year and they don't recognise any work experience before that so I have just one year experience in the nominated occupation - accountant general.

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Hi

Just need help with this - I received positive outcome on skill assessment.. but skilled employment assessment done by CPA is negative. Will this affect my application... I completed one of the four core knowledge area last year and they don't recognise any work experience before that so I have just one year experience in the nominated occupation - accountant general.

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Hi there,

It depends on how many points you can claim from other things: age, English language ability.

Have you submitted your EOI into skillselect already?

It isn't necessary for anyone nominating any of the occupations assessed by CPA/ICAA/IPA to have any post qualification experience. Of course, you can't claim any points for experience, but provided you score 60 points without experience points, a positive skills assessment is enough.

Thank you so much for your response.

I have 55 without work experience so need another 5 minimum. I have been in closely related employment to the anzsco since 2009, got my degree in September, 09 so post degree experience is 5 years... But I just finished my accounting theory last which is a core unit for accountant general. CPA only recognises my employment after I finished accounting theory whereas I completed degree in 2009 and have experience from then. I have submitted EOI stating 5 years experience as I received skilled employment assessment from CPA late...

Thank you so much for your response.

I have 55 without work experience so need another 5 minimum. I have been in closely related employment to the anzsco since 2009, got my degree in September, 09 so post degree experience is 5 years... But I just finished my accounting theory last which is a core unit for accountant general. CPA only recognises my employment after I finished accounting theory whereas I completed degree in 2009 and have experience from then. I have submitted EOI stating 5 years experience as I received skilled employment assessment from CPA late...

If your employment was assessed by CPA as only one year, you should amend your EOI immediately to remove the claim for points for 5 years experience BEFORE you receive an invitation based on experience points which you won't be able to substantiate. Then, do one of the English tests to improve your points that way.

I just finished my accounting theory last which is a core unit for accountant general.

That was an expensive error, but most likely easily fixed. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to develop a strategy?

Archived