Want to make the move...Now how?

Poppet77

Hi All

Would appreciate any advice you guys could give!! We decided in January we wanted to move to Australia, preferably Perth or Brisbane. My job is on the CSOL list but currently no states require it. My hubby is a Estimator/assistant manager in the Motor Industry But his job is not on the CSOL. He used to be a Panelbeater which is on the CSOL but he would need 12 months recent experience to get a Visa. He is considering retraining for 12 Months so we can get a Visa. Just wondered if you knew if there is a demand for his main job as Estimator ( think also know as Crash repair valuer). We are waiting for 1st July to see if this job appears on the CSOL but need a backup plan. Thanks

Well your options do sound a bit limited to be honest. If your job is not on the state sponsorship lists then the 190 is out for you and it only leaves employer sponsored options. You haven't said what you actually do, so not possible to comment on that as a possibility, although generally speaking, employer sponsorship is hard to secure.

How long ago was your OH a panel beater? Are you absolutely sure it would only require one year of retraining to get a positive skills assessment? Trades normally require a few years of recent experience, or so I thought. Is this occupation on any of the state sponsorship lists?

In terms of demand for his current job as crash estimator, I would take a punt that there is opportunity, considering the appalling driving standards in Australia.

I do think we have limited options but my hubby is determined so we are trying our best. My job falls under process or project administrator. My main role is schedule planning but I didn't mention my role as I know many others could do the same role. My hubby has 10 yrs experience as a PB but came off the shop floor to do his current role. We have seen an immigration Company at a recent Expo we attended and they have advised 12 months recent experience would be ok. We are kinda hoping that his current role may come up on the CSOL in July but that would be far to easy lol. Thanks for replying

Archived