Nsw nomination invitation. Please help

ashftc

Hello,

My name is Muhammad. My fiance was nominated by NSW for state sponsorship for Accountant General. My question is what happens if we get married after her visa is lodged but not finalized yet. Can she inform DIBP and update her about her marital status and can she include me in her application midway? Or do we need to wait for her outcome and then she may apply for a spouse visa. How will that work assuming that we get married after the lodging her visa but before the outcome is finalized

Thanks and Regards

Muhammad.

This is a difficult question, but maybe there's an alternative:

If by any chance you have been living together for at least one year, you could make her application as a "the facto" spouse.

A marriage certificate is not the only way to prove that you have a stable and legitimate relationship with her.

If she has lodged a visa application but it has not yet been granted, she can submit a Change of Circumstances form 1022 to notify DIBP that you need to be added to her application as a secondary applicant.

http://www.immi.gov.au/forms/Documents/1022.pdf

If you can possibly see your way clear to getting married or otherwise meeting the requirements to be accepted as her partner before the visa is granted, the process is FAR easier and less expensive than applying for a Partner visa will be for you at a later stage and you will get your visa much faster.

Archived