ACCA skills Assesment

Kelly

Hi everyone , I'm new to the site and was looking for abit of advice ,

I'm currently doing my F papers of the Acca association of chartered certified accountants and was wondering as I will have an advanced diploma in accounting would this be enough to obtain a positive skills Assesment , has anybody emigrated as an accountant who could help

Also who you had your skills assessed with icaa etc ...

many thanks in advance

kelly

No unfortunately unless things have changed it will not. I was part qualified with just the two optional papers remaining (which is still where I am!) but obtained a positive skills assessment due to my accounting and finance degree which was treated as the same as a full qualification. I think it is crazy that they took it but the logic is that ICAA and CPA say that is the level you need to be at to start their qualifications.I was in Melbourne for 18 months but have since come back to London and decided to switch from ACCA to CIMA. One of the main reasons for this being that CIMA have a mutual recognition arrangement with CPA whereas ACCA was barely heard of which will be far more beneficial should I ever decide to go back. Only expats or people that have worked in finance in the UK or Asia seemed to know of it. If you have your heart set on moving to Australia I would suggest exploring taking up CIMA instead, you should get a few exemptions for the ACCA exams you have passed to date.

Hi thank you for your reply , I have just finished up to paper 9 this gives me a advanced diploma in accounting , other option Is I could do the top up project with the acca and Oxford brookes to gain a degree in applied accounting , grahamffc do you think I could get a positive Assesment with that plus I have 3 years working in practice , or do you think I should still look at cima ?

Thank you

kelly

Unfortunately I don't think the diploma will get you anywhere however the Oxford Brookes degree might, and maybe it could get a positive assessment before finishing ACCA given that mine was from a degree. I wouldn't advise going to Australia before finishing the qualification though as your only option for learning modules there will be long distance as there are no ACCA tuition providers in Australia.Definitely look into CIMA, what's the harm, even if you decide against it. I suspect that if you are working in practice your employer probably wouldn't fund a CIMA qualification though.

Do you have a degree in any discipline by any chance (i.e. doesn't have to be accountancy related)? As you are up to F9 and taking into account your diploma, it may very well be the case that you meet the core knowledge requirements of the assessment, however you will need the equivalent of an Australian bachelor degree.

Do you have a degree in any discipline by any chance (i.e. doesn't have to be accountancy related)? As you are up to F9 and taking into account your diploma, it may very well be the case that you meet the core knowledge requirements of the assessment, however you will need the equivalent of an Australian bachelor degree.

Unfortunateky this is not true, the qualification has to meet the core knowledge areas below, while it doesn't technically have to be an accounting degree it is unlikely that any non accounting degree or even combined honours degree would meet the criteria. Furthermore any qualification had to be completed in full, therefore your best bet is to do the Oxford Brookes degree and hope this meets the requirements below or wait until you have completed ACCA.

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/The-Institute/Migration-assessment/Recognised-accounting-qualifications.aspx

Unfortunateky this is not true, the qualification has to meet the core knowledge areas below, while it doesn't technically have to be an accounting degree it is unlikely that any non accounting degree or even combined honours degree would meet the criteria. Furthermore any qualification had to be completed in full, therefore your best bet is to do the Oxford Brookes degree and hope this meets the requirements below or wait until you have completed ACCA.

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/The-Institute/Migration-assessment/Recognised-accounting-qualifications.aspx

Not what I've been told by CPA, but admittedly I only have my own personal experience to go on.

Hi Atlas , thank you I don't have a degree , I have a ACCA diploma in accounting and a advanced diploma in Accounting , do you think I should try CPA , the 9 exams I have sat match the requirements on there website , if they don't accept I could then look at doing the top up to get the degree . I will be applying for genereal accountant 189 visa same as you .

Thanks

kelly

Archived