Cheap car rental / or similar solution

Captain Roberto

Hello

here's a pretty vague opening enquiry.

We are a family of 5 who will be arriving in Sydney in 11 weeks. We don't know if we can afford to buy a car (even a cheap one) straight away - but will need one sometimes for the odd thing when we arrive. Does anyone know of any very good value solutions for renting a car?

or anything that would work. It doesn't need to be anything flash, as long as we can all fit in it. Value (cheapness) is key!

If anyone has any pointers here - we'd very much appreciate it.

Matthew & family

I've not used anything like this myself, but what about something like this car sharing service http://www.carnextdoor.com.au/ ? There are probably loads of this sort of thing going on. The other option might be something like a Facebook 'Buy, Sell Swap' or suburb/area page? Sutherland Shire has a 'Buy Sell Swap' page and a 'This, That and Everything' page, for example, where I can sell stuff I don't want, find the name of a good plumber, and find out all sorts of info. Maybe the area where you are looking will have a similar page that you can join, to ask if there is anyone willing to loan their car to you?

I've not used anything like this myself, but what about something like this car sharing service http://www.carnextdoor.com.au/ ? There are probably loads of this sort of thing going on. The other option might be something like a Facebook 'Buy, Sell Swap' or suburb/area page? Sutherland Shire has a 'Buy Sell Swap' page and a 'This, That and Everything' page, for example, where I can sell stuff I don't want, find the name of a good plumber, and find out all sorts of info. Maybe the area where you are looking will have a similar page that you can join, to ask if there is anyone willing to loan their car to you?

Great @LKC - ta

Archived