189 vs 186 ENS

shikac

Hi experts,

I was just wondering if someone from seniors can advice on my dilemma regarding to choosing right pathway for my visa. My situation as per below:

1. currently in Australia on 485, visa expires on 4th May

2. waiting for skills assessment that hopefully will come next week

3. if they approve my experience with more than 1yr and less than 3, I will have 60 points, but no time to get invite prior current visa expiration as per current trend, then I will apply for 457(my boss is willing to sponsor me) and after that lodge EOI and once get an invite will go for 189 - no dilemma there

*more important

4. If EA approve 3 yrs of my experience then what??? I will have 65 points and if the outcome letter comes before 24, then I can go for 189 and get invite on 24th April and then apply after that but prior current visa expiration or I should stick with 186 and go that way???

My employer already collected all docs regarding to 457 and 186 as on the end of April we will run out of time and sent to my migration agent and I am already paying MA for their service for nomination or sponsorship.

Therefore cost for MA will be sort of same as I made a deal with them that no matter which way I choose it will come to same cost for me.

My dilemma is 189 vs 186??? advantages and disadvantages for both?

Following forums it looks that decision for 189 is quicker sort of 2months comparing to 186 around 4-6months, but that is all what I know. I would appreciate if someone with experience with this or similar situation can open my eyes if I am missing something. Thank you in advance.

If you can meet the requirements for a 189, that is the visa to go for. I doubt if you would get a 189 in 2 months but it will probably still be faster than a 186. If you go for a 186, you must then rely on your employer doing everything required for the nomination in a timely manner whereas with a 189, you are in control of the situation.

If you can meet the requirements for a 189, that is the visa to go for. I doubt if you would get a 189 in 2 months but it will probably still be faster than a 186. If you go for a 186, you must then rely on your employer doing everything required for the nomination in a timely manner whereas with a 189, you are in control of the situation.

Ozmaniac,

thanks for your response. Basically, my employer already prepared documents and just waiting for me to confirm which visa I will go and to be lodged. 2 months for 189 was based on info that people provide on their timelines. However, do you know if once you get letter from your authority does Immi normally stick with approved experience or it is not rare to refuse some of experience? Thanks