AITSL recent applicants, how long did you wait?

Selina Smith

Hi everyone,

I've finally sent off all of my documents to AITSL (fingers crossed for a positive assessment). Can anyone tell me how long they waited for their assessment outcome from posting it off to getting it back? It says on the form up to 10 days for a confirmation email that they have received the documents. 10 weeks for them to make a decision, then up to 3 weeks to receive the actual outcome. Did anyone receive theirs quicker or did it take longer?

My birthday is in July so will drop points if I cannot get an invitation before my birthday (will still be able to apply because the drop will be from 65 points to 60 but would rather have the extra 5 points)

Thanks,

Selina

I submitted mine back in January this year. I think I had the confirmation email around 2 weeks after posting it from Hong Kong - so 10 days would be about right for them to process that.

My wife had previously applied and encountered difficulties (our PGCE certificates didn't state the conferral dates), so I was able to ensure mine would not be delayed. Exactly 9 weeks after I had received the confirmation email, (and with no other communication in the meantime) I received my positive assessment courtesy of a recorded delivery.

Hi everyone,

I've finally sent off all of my documents to AITSL (fingers crossed for a positive assessment). Can anyone tell me how long they waited for their assessment outcome from posting it off to getting it back? It says on the form up to 10 days for a confirmation email that they have received the documents. 10 weeks for them to make a decision, then up to 3 weeks to receive the actual outcome. Did anyone receive theirs quicker or did it take longer?

My birthday is in July so will drop points if I cannot get an invitation before my birthday (will still be able to apply because the drop will be from 65 points to 60 but would rather have the extra 5 points)

Thanks,

Selina

Hi there Selina Smith

I am in a very similar position. My qualifications were all just sent off however I have a birthday in June which means my points could drop too! I am a Secondary Teacher and my OH is an Electrician. All this waiting :unsure: Good Luck! Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Hi there Selina Smith

I am in a very similar position. My qualifications were all just sent off however I have a birthday in June which means my points could drop too! I am a Secondary Teacher and my OH is an Electrician. All this waiting :unsure: Good Luck! Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Thank you you for everyone's replies, think I will be struggling to get an invitation before my birthday. Especially because I've been attempting to track the documents with Royal Mail and they have still not delivered them (hoping they are not lost) . Good luck to you Birch4 and yes let me know if you hear anything too.

• 2 months later...

So I have reached the 10 week wait and still haven't heard anything. On the AITSL website when I check my application status it still says assesment in progress. Did this statement change for anyone before they received their result in the post?

Has as anyone else had a recent result from AITSL?

Archived