State Sponsorship Timeline

dmitri

Hello,

Please share your experience about calculation of the processing time. In the acknowledgment it is said that the processing time is 8 weeks. Does it mean that I should count from the day of an acknowledgment or the day I sent my application?

Best wishes

Are you asking about the processing time to get state sponsorship or the time for DIBP to process a 190 or 489 visa? If the time for sponsorship, which state? They all operate completely independently so the processing time for one state has no bearing on the processing time for any other state. If you're asking about visa processing time, you would count from the date the application is lodged. On PIO, we have seen several examples recently of 190s for low risk applicants taking 6 - 8 weeks but processing times for applicants from high risk countries may be longer.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am asking about the processing time to get state sponsorship from Northern Territory, visa 190. How should i count 8 weeks, is it from acknowledgment or from the day i sent the application.

• 1 month later...

My timeline is the following: on 22nd of February applied for NT SS 190 visa, on the 6th of March I received an acknowledgement, 8 weeks processing time, finally received a positive feedback (visa 489) on the 1st of May. EOI lodged on the 1st of April, 75 points. Invitation to apply for visa came on the 4th of May. Applied for visa on the 12th of May….

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Archived