Partners job

princess1

Hi all,

Im applying for 189 skilled migration, just in process of getting skills verified by Vetassess. Ben wondering partner usually works (managerial or contractor for banks), but lately has been unofficial carer for ill family member. We did not claim any carer allowance or benefits and was just wondering if anyone will request info of what partner has been working as

or is it just the person applying for the visa?

many thanks xx

It's just the person applying for visa ...I never worked for 11 months b4 coming to Australia ...because I could afford be a lady of leisure lol ...before that I worked in care . The main visa holder like my oh is all that matters ......but of course talk to a MA ...whatever you do ;) there is 5 points u can claim for partners quals ...in my case I got none ...well actually I did do nvq 2 in health and social care finished it ...left the company and never bothered get it signed off ...wouldn't of counted here anyway lol :) I did mandortory training ...I did mappa course , advanced driving course , first aid , health and safety , food hygiene . But waste of time here anyway lol . So if you main visa holder it doesn't really matter for ya partner unless ya points short I suppose :)

Your partner's work background isn't taken into account in any way unless you are claiming additional points for Partner Skills. You can't claim points for PS so it's not an ssue that will arise with your application. I think you may be asked about their qualifications and/or job but your answers won't affect your application in any way.

Archived