312412 Electronic engineering technician: Need Guidance

strikker

Hello all,

I am from pakistan and i have 7 years experience in field of PCB designing. i have IELTS 6 each.

i have searched on internet that my field falls in category of 312412 Electronic engineering technicians. the accessing authority is TRA.

I found that 312412 is only available in state sponsor occupation list of Western Australia and southern Australia.

312412 Electronic engineering technician TRA Available Schedule 2/medium availability.

I am confused that can i apply for state sponsor visa or regional state sponsor visa.

i have few question.

0. what would be the success percentage if i am applying in a category which has medium availability. skill assessment will help me?

1. what is difference between state sponsor visa or regional state sponsor visa.??

2. what is the visa code for both category?

3.since 312412 is available in both SA and WA with medium availability so which one is best for future in term of Job.??

Please respond.

Hello all,

I am from pakistan and i have 7 years experience in field of PCB designing. i have IELTS 6 each.

i have searched on internet that my field falls in category of 312412 Electronic engineering technicians. the accessing authority is TRA.

I found that 312412 is only available in state sponsor occupation list of Western Australia and southern Australia.

312412 Electronic engineering technician TRA Available Schedule 2/medium availability.

I am confused that can i apply for state sponsor visa or regional state sponsor visa.

i have few question.

0. what would be the success percentage if i am applying in a category which has medium availability. skill assessment will help me?

1. what is difference between state sponsor visa or regional state sponsor visa.??

2. what is the visa code for both category?

3.since 312412 is available in both SA and WA with medium availability so which one is best for future in term of Job.??

Please respond.

0. Medium availability refers to the number of places available for sponsorship of that occupation by the state in question. If you apply to the state for sponsorship while places are still available and meet any other state requirements, you have a good chance of getting sponsorship.

1. a) A state sponsored 190 visa is a permanent visa. You have a moral obligation to live and work in the sponsoring state for 2 years though it is possible to work elsewhere in Australia if you can't find work in that state..

1. b) A Regional state sponsored 489 visa is a provisional visa. You MUST live in the regional area for at least 2 years and MUST work full time (or 2 or more jobs that equate to full time) in the regional are fro at lwast 12 months before you become eligible to apply for a permanent visa.

2. 190 and 489

3. In WA, it is on Schedule 2 which means that you must have a job offer before you will be offered sponsorship. I'm afraid I don't know much about the relative employment prospects though with the end of the mining boom in WA, prospects are probably marginally better in SA. I guess that's why WA is only offering sponsorship if you have a job offer and SA doesn't ahve that requirement (yet).

0. Medium availability refers to the number of places available for sponsorship of that occupation by the state in question. If you apply to the state for sponsorship while places are still available and meet any other state requirements, you have a good chance of getting sponsorship.

1. a) A state sponsored 190 visa is a permanent visa. You have a moral obligation to live and work in the sponsoring state for 2 years though it is possible to work elsewhere in Australia if you can't find work in that state..

1. b) A Regional state sponsored 489 visa is a provisional visa. You MUST live in the regional area for at least 2 years and MUST work full time (or 2 or more jobs that equate to full time) in the regional are fro at lwast 12 months before you become eligible to apply for a permanent visa.

2. 190 and 489

3. In WA, it is on Schedule 2 which means that you must have a job offer before you will be offered sponsorship. I'm afraid I don't know much about the relative employment prospects though with the end of the mining boom in WA, prospects are probably marginally better in SA. I guess that's why WA is only offering sponsorship if you have a job offer and SA doesn't have that requirement (yet).

A very detailed and proper reply from Ozmaniac. Really Glad. thank you.

Dear, i dont have job offer from WA. i want to apply for general state sponsor immigration(190 or 489). i have few more questions.

1- i have ielts L6.5 R 6 S 7 W 6.d so band 6 aggragate. 55+ 5 state sponsor so total 60 points. if i apply for 489 than it goes 65 points.

what you suggest with you experience that do i go for 190 with 60 points or 489 with 65 points.

2-since i do not have job offer in WA (312412 is at shedule2) , as you said schedule 2 is only for job offer so i can only apply for SA with medium availability.???

3- the assesement authority for 312412 is TRA. is it true that there application process is not online. we need to send hand filled application with required odcument by courier.

1. If you have 55 points without any state sponsorship points, definitely go for a 190 if you can get a state nomination for a 190. The minimum 60 points is all you need - all 60 point 190 EOIs with approved state nomination get an automatic invitation.

2. If you don't have a job offer in WA, you won't get sponsorship from that state. SA is your best bet and the longer you delay, the more likely it is that no slots will be available for your occuaption.

3. TRA only accepts paper applications for Migration Skills Assessment. See the TRA site for full details:

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/Migration/Pages/default.aspx

Thank you Ozmaniac.

Some more information required from you.

While reading TRA MSA aplicant guidelines. it is mentioned in point 2.3 as shown in below snap that "the occupation which you are applyinh for TRA migrant skill assesement should be from SOL or CSOL (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/).

TRA MSA.jpg

312412 is not in SOL, nor in CSOL (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/).

it is present in WA and SA state nominated occupation list.(http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/state-nominated-occupation-lists) and (http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-wa/occupations-in-demand).

Now this is a confusing situation. the TRA MSA guidelines says the occupation needs to be in SOL/CSOL while the occupation is only present in WA/SA occupation list. What should i do now.

Please reveiw the given link and guide.

TRA MSA.jpg

Thanks Maggie. i was out of my mind while seeing the CSOL. :)

Maggie: now a days i am preparing my Employment statement which i need to submit to TRA for skill assessment. give some suggestions for preparing employment statement. any format or reference document which help me specific related to 312412.

Archived