475 conditions - URGENT QUERY

Audrey Hepburn

hi

Can anyone advise if it is a requirement for both people on 475 to arrive in australia at same time. Visa already activated. Can partner travel at later date within the 2 years residency conditions or does he have to meet the condition also. He is arriving 2 weeks later than me but this will mean he will reside less than 2 years in regional aus.

Can he also be the person who meets the 12 mth working condition or does it have to be me as primary applicant

Urgent help required

Either applicant can be main applicant for 887 but the primary must meet both working and living requirements. If he arrives late and does not meet the 2 years living in regional Australia he will not be eligible to be primary applicant for the 887.

I am the primary Applicant on the visa and will be travelling in time. Will he still be eligible for 887 then?

The primary applicant on the 887 application must have met the 2 year residence and 1 year work conditions. Secondary applicants on the 887 must hold a 475 (or 489 or another eligible visa) but they can have lived in the regional area for less than 2 years and don't need to have worked at all. So if your partner arrives after you, they can only be the primary applicant after they have met the residence and work conditions. If neither of you can meet the residency conditions before the 475 expires, then you'll need a 489 extension so that you can stay in Australia while you try to meet the 887 conditions.

Archived