Port Stephens recommendations?

Naomi from Manchester

Can anyone recommend where exactly to stay in this area during the end of April or early May?

I've had a look on Trip Advisor but there seems to be so many beaches I don't know where to focus our search; Anna Beach, Shoal bay, Fingal Bay, Tea Gardens etc? Which is is the most stunning beach? Maybe this wouldn't be the best for us to actually stay at?

We're two adults and a toddler. We'd like a patrolled beach and a few cafés and take aways within walking distance. Maybe a little supermarket too. We can drive to various attractions, but we don't want to spend much time in the car really, not more than 30 odd minute trip each way.

I like the idea of staying in a cabin in a holiday park, but I wouldn't rule out staying in a hotel.

I'll try to go diving whilst we're there, if the diving's any good.

Cheers for any advice :)

• 1 month later...

Ooooh -Just seen this.....I lived in Tea Gardens for a while a few years back and used to swim every day in Jimmy's Beach which is perfect IMO. I drove the Jeep to Little Gibber and camped over with an open pit BBQ on the beach at the weekends. I don't know if that helps or I'm too late.....either way I hop you have(had) loadsa fun!

Tx

• 2 weeks later...