Which is the best Mobile network?

VijayWA24

Hello

I am coming to Perth in mid or late June and will be permanently moving (had planned to move in 2013, but unfortunately had to go back due to some family issues, now that's been sorted out) and looking for a good and reasonable mobile network.

My usage will be as per the following since I will be on job hunt (per month plan).

1. Local usage

Local mobile to local calls - 100 calls

Local mobile to landlines - 50 calls

Local mobile to SMS - 50 per month

Internet usage - Just to check emails, Maps, FB, Instagram - I suppose I need at least 2GB with Wifi at home.

2. For International usage

Cheap mobile tariff to call India.

Please suggest

Thanks

Vijay

The best is also the most expensive, Telstra. I use vodafone and get unlimited calls and texts plus 3Gb data and 300 minutes of free international calls for $50. It's a sim only plan so you need your own phone and I don't know if India is covered for the international calls as I ring the UK.

When I leave built up areas it can get patchy with coverage but that's been twice in 7 months so I'm fine with that.

The mind boggles. Why is it that the UK do have the best phone contracts available?

I pay £35 per month. I have the iPhone 6 Plus. I get unlimited data, unlimited tethering (where my phone acts as a hot spot for others to use), unlimited texts, 3,000 minutes and free 3-to-3 calls.

Not failing to mention that I can use all of the above in several different countries too, such as France, Spain, America, Hong Kong, Australia at NO extra cost!!

You simply cannot argue with that

Unlimited data??? Haha

wait until you find out how 3rd world the broadband is and how in a suburb thatsnonly 15 yr old there's isn't the capacity to serve every house. It's also very poor and very expensive.

but that's not why I'm here

Unlimited data??? Haha

wait until you find out how 3rd world the broadband is and how in a suburb thatsnonly 15 yr old there's isn't the capacity to serve every house. It's also very poor and very expensive.

but that's not why I'm here

I was actually quite pleased with the broadband in Perth. Quite compatible to what it is here in the UK, if not slightly better!

I lived in a hilltop village on the outskirts of Halifax, unlimited BB with speeds of 36Mbps download and 12Mbps upload for £15 a month. North Perth in a new suburb $79 a month 50Gb limit download 12Mbps max and upload of 0.5Mbps.

No comparison at all

I lived in a hilltop village on the outskirts of Halifax, unlimited BB with speeds of 36Mbps download and 12Mbps upload for £15 a month. North Perth in a new suburb $79 a month 50Gb limit download 12Mbps max and upload of 0.5Mbps.

No comparison at all

Ouch!!

I was in North Perth a few years back and we had really good internet.

Unlimited downloads etc etc. good download speeds too - way better than Sheffield

The mind boggles. Why is it that the UK do have the best phone contracts available?

I pay £35 per month. I have the iPhone 6 Plus. I get unlimited data, unlimited tethering (where my phone acts as a hot spot for others to use), unlimited texts, 3,000 minutes and free 3-to-3 calls.

Not failing to mention that I can use all of the above in several different countries too, such as France, Spain, America, Hong Kong, Australia at NO extra cost!!

You simply cannot argue with that

I pay $25 for $500 worth of calls, unlimited calls to same network, unlimited texts and 1.5gb data which serves me fine and not tied into a contract. Some good deals to be had

• 1 month later...

I'm migrating to Perth in 5 days, and I've just looked into this topic too -- wanting to get the best mobile contract. Personally, I'll want more data than anything. I noted two that seem good:

https://www.aldimobile.com.au/plans/valuepacks

https://yatango.com.au/mobile/pricing/personalised

Yatango lets you pick what you need most from a set of sliders; and the ALDImobile bundle seems the best rounded from what I can see.

The UK has been on a big push with data speeds, 4g, fibre lines etc for a few years as they want that to be a selling point for UK businesses, and as a result we get it good these days. Maybe that's worth bearing in mind.

As far as mobile deals go, I use Three in the UK, and in Aus apparently Vodaphone (in Australia) is owned by the same company and offers a similar isn (not quite as good value) service for Sim only deals. So Vodaphone in Aus is supposed be ok for the budget minded (but more expensive than this Aldi one - above)

Maybe if you already own a decent handset/smartphone, bring it with you unlocked and see what deals you can get for sim only?

and if anyone has used the Aldi network, is it any good?

The UK has been on a big push with data speeds, 4g, fibre lines etc for a few years as they want that to be a selling point for UK businesses, and as a result we get it good these days. Maybe that's worth bearing in mind.

As far as mobile deals go, I use Three in the UK, and in Aus apparently Vodaphone (in Australia) is owned by the same company and offers a similar isn (not quite as good value) service for Sim only deals. SO Vodaphone in Aus is supposed be ok for the budget minded.

Maybe if you already own a decent handset/smartphone, bring it with you unlocked and see what deals you can get for sim only?

3 are good for when you get to Australia initially tho as they have "feel at home" for Australia xx

Archived