spouse's work permission visa

win09

I am willing to join master of degree course in Australia for 2 years duration. I have a spouse who also want to work in Australia.

Is it possible to get unlimited working hour for my spouse during my course?

Is that type of working visa of spouse possible to apply PR in future?

If you mean you will be in a student visa, then so will you spouse and no it will not convert to a PR visa. The pay from student visa to PR is very uncertain and unlikely to happen for the majority.

I mean that my spouse will be dependent family member of student visa. I see in the website that such dependent family member can work unlimited hours as soon as thw course starts. Can my husband apply for pr after working 2 years with that visa?

I mean that my spouse will be dependent family member of student visa. I see in the website that such dependent family member can work unlimited hours as soon as thw course starts. Can my husband apply for pr after working 2 years with that visa?

I know what you mean and I can only repeat, no it is a student visa. It will not convert into a PR visa. If your husband wants a PR visa then he probably needs to look into skilled migration.

He can apply now IF he qualifies. The only relevant factor is does he qualify for PR based on his skill set and qualifications? That will not change if he is there as your spouse. He either does or doesnt.

Archived