Moving back to uk after 4 years in Perth

loubeany

I was living and working in the USA many years ago. I had my green card and could have been eligible for citizenship after 5 years. Two years there was enough for me - didn't like it so had no intention of waiting another three years - why would you wait here in Australia to be eligible for citizenship if you don't like the place?

I never said I did not like the place just growing to not like it as things have not been going to plan or worked out like I thought it be and lack of jobs im getting vs what I have had in uk and watch my saving go down the drain each day, I know a guy who did a yr over here did same work as me and went back has no regrets. But his wife is Australian so maybe easy for him to come back if he needed to etc. It mau just be the right place to be or who knows not right place full stop. But out of the people we know or have known over here we thought it may not be for them or work out and im suprised it has.i suppose it work for some and not others but for us being almost 2 yrs coming we are not anywhere settled or different from first day of arriving.im willing to give it another yr but is it the right move second yr has not got any better than first.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In trying to settle in a new country work plays a big part in this and to have done 5 months work in last 22 months is a joke with wife and child to support just cause I had my dream of being here and spent a small fortune on all our visa, agent fees, moving our stuff selling house back home its sort of understandable having thought of doing it all again going back minus visa costs.

Wa always has or had the most work for me in the years looking into moving here,also I know guys from my industry who used to live here before for many years who also moved back due to lack of work,problem is I have been here when there has been a lot of work and has made no difference.

and I get the odd manager saying got an impressive cv etc I certainly is who you know here and what you know.

Wa always has or had the most work for me in the years looking into moving here,also I know guys from my industry who used to live here before for many years who also moved back due to lack of work,problem is I have been here when there has been a lot of work and has made no difference.

and I get the odd manager saying got an impressive cv etc I certainly is who you know here and what you know.

Hate to say this but "in my experiance" there is still dislike of the UK accent and those who have one in Aus. No idea why. I have even been told to - slow down, dont work so hard.

The fact you left it so long to come over was your downfall. By the time you got here the ship in your industry had sailed.

Archived