Ashmore Palms Holiday Village

Aaronspark

Managed to find a few snippets about this place on here but would like to hear fro anyone who's has experiences, good or bad, from Ashmore Palms Holiday village.

We plant to touch down in August this year. Been looking at securing a holiday let for 4 weeks. Not sure whether to rent a holiday let for 4 weeks or stay at a holiday village. Kinda thinking they'll be more for the kids to do at a holiday camp as it will be hard keeping them entertained all the time whilst we sort things out. Also be good to meet others in same situation or just on their hols when we first arrive.

I havent been there for a while but a few years ago i used it for overflow accommodation when i was doing Relocations. The cabins were clean and had everything you need and the staff were brilliant and very helpful with new arrivals. The park had a pool and playground to keep the kids entertained.

If you book an Intrim cabin for 4 weeks or more you also got a decent discount.

Cal x

Hi Cal. Just been looking again. It was half the price with the interim cabins! I was contemplating booking it with the original price but even better now! All booked for our arrival in August! Just need to get go ahead and book the flights! [emoji16][emoji16]

Thanks!! X

Thats ok, its ideal for exploring and finding suburbs and i believe there is a little pub that does meals only a walk away. The drive in can be unnerving as you access the park via an industrial estate and do think 'what the hell',lol, let them know your migrants and they will provide you with a forwarding address and any other help you need (directions etc)

Cal x

Not quite , we are the far side of the hinterland, near enough for hubby to commute to Ashmore daily, it takes him just under an hour each way, but far enough away from all the hustle and bustle,lol. Property is a lot cheaper out here too and its more open and has a rural feel.

Cal x

Hope Island ,Runaway Bay and Coombabah are nice areas, personally id prefer living on the hinterland side of the highway further down in places like Mudgeeraba, Tallai etc down to Currumbin. We will have been here 9 years this November but im itching to take the kids back for a holiday as my youngest had just turned 3 when we arrived and remembers nothing and no-one from the UK, its just a shame flights are soooooo expensive and even though i try and save up we end up going away to places closer to Aus and emptying my flight savings pot,lol.

Cal x

Yeah we're aiming further north as not sure if 1 of us may have to commute to Brisbane or not. Hopefully not, or at least not everyday as I've heard horror stories about the commute. Where abouts in the UK are you from? U still enjoyin it in Aus then?

The main highway into Brisbane can be chocka and the train lines (i believe) are not much better. We are originally from Manchester and still loving the Aussie life,lol although it does take some adapting too when you first arrive,lol

Cal x

Hiya,

My family has just spent the last 6 weeks at Ashmore Palms and it was a great start for us.

We have 2 kids (5 & 2) and they loved it! My husband had to hit the floor running with work so I was glad to be somewhere like Ashmore Palms and not in an apartment or hotel.

The 2 pools, 2 small playgrounds are great and having arts & crafts activities every morning was brilliant!

The cabins are basic but clean and have all the necessities and the staff are friendly and helpful.

We met other families who had just moved to the Gold Coast too so that was nice.

Any questions drop me a line.

Laura

That's exactly what we're looking for Laura, thanks. We were looking at apartments/houses etc to rent for the month but thought the kids would be bored. At least they'll be stuff to entertain them there, other kids and a pool etc. would rather it felt like a bit of a holiday when we first touch down. Not expecting anything spectacular in the accomodation, as long as the facilities are good etc. It was really cheap compared to other places we were looking at. Also, no problems if we need to extend our stay. Did you stay in 1 of the interim cabins?

Be good to meet other families who have just moved over too, I asked if they had many others staying who were relocating and they said there were so good news.

Where have you moved to now then?

Aaron

• 5 weeks later...

We stayed there for 3 weeks in 2012 when we emigrated - also got a deal on an interim cabin. Place is ok, has pool, tennis courts and a few activities for the kids. It's within walking distance to a smallish shopping mall and Ashmore Tavern.

Transport links aren't great so you'll probably need to get a hire car fairly soon after settling in.

We settled in Robina as it ticked all our boxes - direct train line to Brisbane, next to the M1, bus links to Broadbeach, biggest shopping mall on the GC, loads of restaurants, a few pubs, loads of sports clubs and facilities - 2 cricket ovals, baseball oval, soccer pitches, AFL oval, CBus Super stadium and loads of family stuff to do. Helensvale was out second choice originally, but also like Mudgereeba which is just the other side of the motorway and a bit more rural.

Archived