Making that heart wrenching decision :(

Huntersmummy

My dogs were due to have their rabies jabs today but I postponed it whilst I have a little think about the best thing to do. Good luck hawthorn whatever you decide to do with your cats x

If there's even a slight chance that you think they may come with you, i'd get the Rabies jabs done, and the tests. There's a 180 day wait period after the date when the blood samples are taken. By doing this now, you're giving yourself the option of deciding later on whether you want to take them (or not).

• 3 months later...

Hiya guys, just a update.

Clive is STILL a debate. Husband is more letting him go to cats protection. :(

Thought thou, is taking a bank loan out to cover him stupid? £5000 is a lot of money and as much as i bend over and try and pull it out my tooshie, its just not happening!

How have other people coped/done??

Love to all my cat/dog lovers who are in the same boat! xx

Hiya guys, just a update.

Clive is STILL a debate. Husband is more letting him go to cats protection. :(

Thought thou, is taking a bank loan out to cover him stupid? £5000 is a lot of money and as much as i bend over and try and pull it out my tooshie, its just not happening!

How have other people coped/done??

Love to all my cat/dog lovers who are in the same boat! xx

Are you still in the UK? Thought you were expecting to be in Darwin at the end of May.

We have two cats that will fly to Sydney at the end of the month.

The way I look at it - their relocation will cost me one month salary. It is one month of my life vs. the countless moments of joy that my cats have given me.

Hope that you will find your reasoning, that will work best for you.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going through this at the moment ,yes we are taking the dog no questions asked after telling the kids we aren't taking him, we might a swell of told them we are putting him down, so yep we decided to take him. But this week we have come to the conclusion to re home with a family member, as he will be 9 and the cost also is huge ,and so unfair on him as we will need to fine a rental that takes dogs and then we will be out all the time the first month looking around and sorting things out. So heart renching as it ,it is the best thing for him x

Archived