Job Experience

franklin2

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have a questions bordering me and would like to get more lights on it. I have 3 years of work experience in the field of chemical engineering that was 2008 to 2011, I also graduated as a chemical engineer. I started my masters degree in process engineering from 2011 to 2013. After this, I started working not as a chemical nor as a process engineer but in a job related to mechanical equipment. Now I need to have my experience assessed by EA. Will they still recognise my 3 years experience as a chemical engineer, even though it ended 2011? Also will my master's degree (process engineer) be considered? Thank you.

If your work experience was post qualification and if it was in the same or a closely related occupation as your nominated occupation, it is eligible for points provided it was gained within the last 10 years. Generally speaking, DIBP accepts occupations as being ‘closely related’ where the occupations fall within one Unit Group under ANZSCO - the first 4 digits of their ANZSCO code denote their Unit Group.