some links for finding temporary accommodation

mungbean

There are plenty of threads about this already, but I just wanted to share some of the links I've been using to find temporary places to stay in Sydney while I was house-hunting.

Some of them are for Sydney only, others are for multiple locations.

Airbnb has been my main life-saver, although I find it very hit-and-miss in terms of actually securing something, because of the way it works having to request a booking and wait to see if the host responds. (Instant booking is sometimes but not always available.)

And prices in central Sydney can be a bit silly. (Hard to find anything where you get a whole apartment for under $160 a night.)

When travelling I usually also use http://agoda.com to find hotels, but I couldn't find anything at all for under $200 a night. Maybe this was because of the time of year (Mardi Gras is on, just after Chinese New Year), or maybe it's because I'm trying to book stuff at very short notice and all the cheaper rooms have gone.

When I mentioned not being able to find anything under $200 at work, I was told "nor would you want to". So that maybe suggests budget options are just not there, or not in the centre?

Some of the links are to serviced/furnished apartments, and one is for students only.

Hope this is of some use!

(Sydney only)

(Sydney only: hotels, hostels, B&B, apartments)

(Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Warrnambool - university accommodation with availability mainly in uni holidays)

- for students studying in Australia only - only for 6 or 12 months at a time.

Archived