How far back is the Work History Check?

Ambrose

Hi all, as the title suggests, when applying for a Visa?

I've heard the Authorities check back through your work history with a fine toothcomb, therefore I need to know how far back so I can get my previous employment dates exactly right, as I've heard if you get it wrong all hell breaks lose on you if they discover you worked somewhere longer than you stated!

Thanks

For many occupations, 10 years maximum but for some, it could go back further than that.

If the visa you're applying for requires that you have skills assessment, the first check of your work history is by the skills assessment authority for your occupation. Each assessment authority has its own work experience requirements for each occupation and some have no work experience requirements at all. Then, if you are applying for a points tested visa and are claiming points for work experience, your claims to having that work experience will be checked back as far as the claim goes but for a maximum of 10 years.

What is your occupation? Which visa do you want to apply for?

For many occupations, 10 years maximum but for some, it could go back further than that.

If the visa you're applying for requires that you have skills assessment, the first check of your work history is by the skills assessment authority for your occupation. Each assessment authority has its own work experience requirements for each occupation and some have no work experience requirements at all. Then, if you are applying for a points tested visa and are claiming points for work experience, your claims to having that work experience will be checked back as far as the claim goes but for a maximum of 10 years.

What is your occupation? Which visa do you want to apply for?

Depends on the skill assessing body? For AIM it was 8 years.

Thanks for the replies, Groundsman so it's TRA, just going back to 8/9/10 years ago I can't remember the exact dates as I was in and out of a few jobs at that time so wondered how thorough they are likely to be.

Archived