Struggling with Job Offer for 190 Visa WA

CESJP

Hi

I have been trying for 12 months to secure a job offer so I can apply for the WA State Nomination 190 visa. I scored 8 in my IELTS across the board and have my Skills Assessment all completed but cannot seem to catch a break. I have applied for over 60 jobs and so far only had one Skype interview, most of the jobs I am applying for are for roles I was doing 5 years ago so it's not like I am trying jobs out of my league.

My industry is Conference and Events Management and I have over 8 years experience in the industry, currently a senior role in my current company plus education up to advanced diploma.

My family and I are wishing to join family already settled in Perth so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Hi

I have been trying for 12 months to secure a job offer so I can apply for the WA State Nomination 190 visa. I scored 8 in my IELTS across the board and have my Skills Assessment all completed but cannot seem to catch a break. I have applied for over 60 jobs and so far only had one Skype interview, most of the jobs I am applying for are for roles I was doing 5 years ago so it's not like I am trying jobs out of my league.

My industry is Conference and Events Management and I have over 8 years experience in the industry, currently a senior role in my current company plus education up to advanced diploma.

My family and I are wishing to join family already settled in Perth so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Hello,

Why dont you try another class of visa that lets your family member sponsor you if they are in a designated area. It is skilled migration and sponsored!

Good luck

Thanks.

Do you know which visas allow family to sponsor you?

Unfortunately my job is not on the Skills list so a 189 visa is not an option, I thought for a family member to sponsor me my job had to be on the 189 skills list? Maybe wrong though?

The 489 is the visa that allows family sponsorship. However the number of allocated positions per month is incredibly low (I think it's 15?) so you may wait a long long time for an invitation.

The occupations that require a job offer are set up that way to give highest priority to those people already living and perhaps working in WA. There is a lot of competition in the job market at the moment, so there's less opportunity for people who are still overseas.

Thanks.

Do you know which visas allow family to sponsor you?

Unfortunately my job is not on the Skills list so a 189 visa is not an option, I thought for a family member to sponsor me my job had to be on the 189 skills list? Maybe wrong though?

You're correct, you must have an occupation on the SOL in order to be eligible for a Family sponsored 489 visa so your occupation isn't eligible.

YES. correct! your sponsors must be in the designated areas. and you need to have the skill in SOL for that state....:( may be 457 this is temporary work visa. needs to be sponsored by the employer. could you look into this if its a possibility for you?

A 457 visa would also require him to have a job offer. If he that, he wouldn't need a 457 visa.

Archived