Charge on new items?

emmajane051

Hi all were looking at shopping some items to Australia probably in a move cube just want to know do you get taxed on new items like a toddler bed and chest of draws as my daughter will just be coming out of her cot so was just going to go ikea get a toddler bed and draws but read somewhere that you get taxed on new items? Also the kids got that many toys for Xmas some r still in boxes so was just going to take them too and some dolls still in box from when I was little do you know if you get taxed on all these?

Also shipping husbands tools over how clean do they have to be?

Thanks

emma

Thanks for your response I had a vision of me having to take everything put of boxes! Yes not taking TV pr nothing just literally toys and bed and few sets of draws xx

Is it worth paying for a Movecube then and having to wait X weeks for the items to be shipped?

Why not just buy new/2nd hand over in Oz?

Thanks for your response I was going to do that but thought got to ship tools over so may aswel use the space.

Ah right ok, so long as you've thought it through :)

We're just shipping expensive stuff in our Movecube (when the time comes!) like games consoles and TV's mainly, and fill the rest of the space with whatever we can.

Archived