Who knows the answer ?

Bronyaur

Were hoping the 309 gets granted in December at the latest which will be 12 months since lodging. Our plans are to go together at end of October. Now as the sponsor i simply get a one way ticket.

My question is can my partner just get a one way ticket on a 3 month visitors visa with a view to fly out to NZ while her 309 is granted. Will immigration stop her coming in because of the one way ticket or will they see the fact that shes near to her 309 being granted and the fact shes travelling with her sponser?

Has anyone had any issues with this?

Any info would be appreciated.

A one way ticket will probably get her in as they tend to be much more flexible when someone has already applied for a visa like a 309 though it's impossible to say for sure. If you're still concerned, an onward ticket to NZ would do the trick - the rule is 'return OR onward' ticket.

Yes, i thought about an onward ticket to NZ, but we wouldnt onow the exact date our CO was going to get inform her to leave. Obviously we have and will have more funds already in an Australian bank by then, so the financial side should hopefully be considered.

Hopefully some one will come along with the same experience. Thanks for your input.

I wouldn't worry TOO much - they tend to mostly hassle people from high-risk countries about return/onward tickets. I'd say if she's from the UK she won't have too much of an issue, especially if she can show she has the funds available to purchase a ticket in case they ask. I doubt they will, though.

Archived