Partner Visa: Offshore Permanent Subclass 309-100

Mrscompton2

Having applied for my husbands "309-100 Visa back in March 2013, and having since passed and submitted his medical and police checks with no reported problems , we find ourselves still awaiting a reply from our case officer via our Agent and starting to think that something maybe wrong.

As we were originally told that we would hear something within 8 - 9 months, we would just like to ask whether anyone else is experiencing a simular delay?

If he applied from the UK, he should have his visa by now if there were no problems. Dozens of applicants from March received their visas at around the 8 month mark and April applicants have been receiving theirs at around 9 months. If you haven't already done so, check out the last few pages of posts to the SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats thread.

I see, thank you, I didn't know, although it seems they are applying offshore. I'm hoping it happens slightly quicker than that, what a long time to wait!

Yes, in other words onshore means your in Australia when applying and offshore you could be in any other country. So average for UK is 12 months now, but to cover themselves Immigration say 10-14 months. Pakistan for example which is a high risk country is very long.

• 2 weeks later...

Bronyaur,

My husbands medicals and Police checks will run out in Aug 2015.

As we applied for his visa on the 29th March 2014, we were told that we had made the cut off for a nine month turn around. A CO was assigned 9th May 2014 so where guessing that the nine months actually starts form that date rather than the date of submission to Aust immigration in UK.

Having recently contacted his immigration agent he was advised that it would be best for them to wait untill the end of Feb before requesting an update on his application.

The waiting and not knowing is the hardest thing of all!

Bronyaur,

My husbands medicals and Police checks will run out in Aug 2015.

As we applied for his visa on the 29th March 2014, we were told that we had made the cut off for a nine month turn around. A CO was assigned 9th May 2014 so where guessing that the nine months actually starts form that date rather than the date of submission to Aust immigration in UK.

Having recently contacted his immigration agent he was advised that it would be best for them to wait untill the end of Feb before requesting an update on his application.

The waiting and not knowing is the hardest thing of all!

The highlighted part is wrong. The 9 months starts from the date they receive the application. You are therefore coming up to 11 months.

Have you actually seen evidence that the application was received and a CO appointed or is this what your agent has informed you. I say this because the initial CO letter confirms all the dates and I would hope that you have seen this. You may want to consider bypassing your agent and asking your CO directly but if I were you I would be getting worried about the delay.

The highlighted part is wrong. The 9 months starts from the date they receive the application. You are therefore coming up to 11 months.

Have you actually seen evidence that the application was received and a CO appointed or is this what your agent has informed you. I say this because the initial CO letter confirms all the dates and I would hope that you have seen this. You may want to consider bypassing your agent and asking your CO directly but if I were you I would be getting worried about the delay.

I agree, the majority if not all sholud have heard something by now especially if its a straight forward application. One thing ive noticed over the months ive been active on the forum is that people using agents seem to be the ones left in the dark about their applications.

Ive read numerous posts where some agents seem to be unhelpfull with questions. It makes you wonder if they actually process things in a timely manner.

Archived