Mobile phone contracts

Daz1982

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I was just wondering what do to regarding my mobile phone contract.

I have 1 year left to run on my EE contract and I am moving to Australia in 6 weeks. I am contemplating canceling the contract as i am unsure whether it would be suitable/possible to alter my contract to work in Australia.

i know I should probably be talking to EE about this but was wondering if anybody on here could give me unbiased advice first.

thanks in advance

Darren

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @Daz1982

You could probably use it here if it was set up for roaming but the costs are going to be ridiculous. I don't know how the UK contracts work to be honest. How long have you had it for already? I presume if you tell the company they are going to want the balance left on the contract paying. I know people who have just sent them a letter and told them they have moved overseas and have heard nothing more. I am not saying I think this is the right thing to do and if you are only here in Aus short term it isn't something you would want to do. Maybe another member can advise what they did.

Archived