Shipping Quote - your thoughts

Huggy75

Hi - had a quote for a 20ft sole use container including wooden box for piano, together with cost for company to take my belongings which are currently in storage and to store them for us until time to leave. Comes in at $9377 and $16.50 per week to store belongings (we are currently paying $150 per week to store). Any thoughts? Does this seem reasonable? Going Brisbane to West Yorkshire, UK by the way. Thanks in advance xx

It cost us over $5,000 moving interstate.

Oh wow, I'm thinking it's quite reasonable given the special box for the piano and the fact that they will store the stuff until we're ready at a much cheaper rate than we're doing now! Just don't really have the time for getting too many quotes and at today's exchange rate, it works out about the same as we paid 6 years ago to move out here.

Hi - had a quote for a 20ft sole use container including wooden box for piano, together with cost for company to take my belongings which are currently in storage and to store them for us until time to leave. Comes in at $9377 and $16.50 per week to store belongings (we are currently paying $150 per week to store). Any thoughts? Does this seem reasonable? Going Brisbane to West Yorkshire, UK by the way. Thanks in advance xx

Try Kent at Wacol. Brilliant and the guy that runs it us a Pom! Cheapest quote we have ever had, efficient, extremely helpful. I emailed him once on a Sunday night expecting an answer during office hours on Monday and got immediate reply back and ut was after 9.30pm! They also used a removal company in Devon that has all the certifications available so excellent company that end too which us really important. Used Letton Percival for shipping insurance like rveryone ekse does on here. Great company and so much cheaper than any shipping removalists.

Try Kent at Wacol. Brilliant and the guy that runs it us a Pom! Cheapest quote we have ever had, efficient, extremely helpful. I emailed him once on a Sunday night expecting an answer during office hours on Monday and got immediate reply back and ut was after 9.30pm! They also used a removal company in Devon that has all the certifications available so excellent company that end too which us really important. Used Letton Percival for shipping insurance like rveryone ekse does on here. Great company and so much cheaper than any shipping removalists.

Thanks - I might just try them, one more quote to compare with and I'll make a decision between the two :-)

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't seem out of the ball park with the special packing you need for the piano. But maybe a touch high, we got a 20 foot for $8,000. But I don't recommend the company I used so I won't name them, there is likely to be a long wait ahead and when I realsied and complained, well they have just ignored me ever since.

It doesn't seem out of the ball park with the special packing you need for the piano. But maybe a touch high, we got a 20 foot for $8,000. But I don't recommend the company I used so I won't name them, there is likely to be a long wait ahead and when I realsied and complained, well they have just ignored me ever since.

Oh no, just what you don't need with all the stress anyways!!

Archived