Trade Recognition Question

jem32

Hi Guys,

I am a bit confused.

I am about to apply for trade recognition for a Telecommunication Cable jointer 342412 the below is from DIAC website

"This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.

In Australia: AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)In New Zealand: NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

Registration or licensing may be required"

It states at least three years of relevant experiance may subsitute for the formal qualifications ect.

I have a few relevant qualifications from Scotland ( SVQ and City and Guilds) and trade licence from Australia for this trade which was a week long training and exam in Australia in 2002 but just worried that my qualifications and trade licence dont equate to AQF lll as it states on TRA website that nothing substitues for the formal qualification (although cant find this just now).

Anyone have some advice

Thanks Jem

Archived