Visitor visa following working holiday visa - advice needed please

nicmark

Hi there,

can anyone tell me how long after a working holiday visa can I apply for a visitor visa.

My son needs to leave following his working holiday visa next week, he is in the middle of applying for sponsorship but this is looking less promising so we are hoping he can return asap and investigate other opportunities onshore. We are wondering how long he would need to be out of the country before applying for a visitor visa to be able to do this.

Many thanks

nik

This is always a how long is a bit of string question.

How long has your son been in Australia for? The full 2 years available on a WHV? If he has already spent a lot of time in Australia he will likely have a difficult time getting a tourist visa. Or he may get one but will encounter some issues at immigration when he lands.

There will be people that have experience in it. But like I said it's a how long is a bit of string question - there is no sure way.

I have seen people who have had a WHV, return home and then 6 months later come back to Australia on a tourist visa. Obviously the longer you are away from Australia the better the chance he has of being able to come in without an issue.

Archived