Renting a motorhome

Camerilla

Hello,

My parents are coming to visit us and they would like to rent a motorhome to travel with us.

Can anyone give advise over wich companies are good and reliable, have good prices,...?

They would also like to come in July/August, assume this is a more expensive period anyway as it's holiday season in Europe?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

My parents are coming to visit us and they would like to rent a motorhome to travel with us.

Can anyone give advise over wich companies are good and reliable, have good prices,...?

They would also like to come in July/August, assume this is a more expensive period anyway as it's holiday season in Europe?

Thanks a lot!

We have previously rented from companies like Mighty which are actually the same parent company as Britz, Maui etc. but generally run the higher mileage / older examples of the vans...in my experience though they can be fairly identical...just much cheaper with Mighty!

http://www.mightycampers.com.au/

Something to be aware of is the various insurance excesses and excess reduction options. For some reason, unlike car hire companies, campervan companies generally will not accept a pre-authorisation held on the credit card as a security deposit...instead they debit the card on collection and credit it on return. If a non AUD credit card is being used this can incur significant foreign currency credit card fees as well as potential exchange rate losses (or gains!). With another company we recently booked with they charged a 2% credit card fee for the privilege of this debit / credit process...so they took $100 for nothing!

The excess reduction options which reduce the size of the bond taken are of course very expensive for a long term rental.

Archived