E600 long stay tourist visa application (subclass 100 already lodged)

Flake

I have a subclass 100 visa processing due to be granted between July-Oct this year, however I'm travelling to Sydney in May so will require an e600 long stay tourist visa.

Does anyone know if this particular visa is activation upon entry to Australia or is granted before departure and valid from that date?

As as I also have the subclass 100 visa processing should I be wary of anything that may cause problems with my original application?

If anyone has done this already and has any advice or info that would be fab,

thank you! :-)

A 600 visa is activated when you enter Australia on it for the first time. It then allows you to stay in Australia for the length of time specified in your grant email. The visa is (usually) multiple entry valid for entry to Australia for (usually) 12 months from the date of grant.

Applying for or holding a 600 won't affect your subclass 309/100 application in any way however as the Partner visa is an offshore visa, you should advise your CO of your travel plans and make sure they can contact you reliably if you are still in Australia when the 309/100 is ready to grant so that you can be sent a pre-grant notification to give you time to go offshore for the grant to take place.

A 600 visa is activated when you enter Australia on it for the first time. It then allows you to stay in Australia for the length of time specified in your grant email. The visa is (usually) multiple entry valid for entry to Australia for (usually) 12 months from the date of grant.

Applying for or holding a 600 won't affect your subclass 309/100 application in any way however as the Partner visa is an offshore visa, you should advise your CO of your travel plans and make sure they can contact you reliably if you are still in Australia when the 309/100 is ready to grant so that you can be sent a pre-grant notification to give you time to go offshore for the grant to take place.

thanks so much ozmaniac! Really appreciate your info! :-)

Archived