Police Check - Upload first or on request?

Popee

Hi there,

I have been invited for the 189 visa and my understanding is I now have 60 days to lodge a application. My initial goal was to get all required supporting documents certified and uploaded at once.

One area of concern is regarding a police check from a previous residency in Vietnam. I may not get this back within the required 60 days. Is this required as part of the initial application stage or do people upload this on request from the assigned case officer? Its not particularly clear in the guidance.

Thanks,

Lee

Medicals and police checks are usually done on request from your CO, but some people may front load these, but they will have less time to validate the visa by making first entry to Australia. Uploading supporting docs and medicals and police checks are separate issues.

189 are thanking around 3 months to get a CO, depending how long it will take to get the police check back from Vietnam, maybe look to apply for this in a month or 2.

Validation on dates are based 12 months from earliest date of medicals or police checks.

Lebourvellec, thanks a lot for your response.

So I should upload all my other documents within the 60 day window (Degree, skills assessment, passport, wage slips, contracts etc.) and wait for the CO to be assigned. Does the CO ask for it once everything else is satisfactory or is it requested before reviewing your case?

Thanks,

Lee

Lebourvellec, thanks a lot for your response.

So I should upload all my other documents within the 60 day window (Degree, skills assessment, passport, wage slips, contracts etc.) and wait for the CO to be assigned. Does the CO ask for it once everything else is satisfactory or is it requested before reviewing your case?

Thanks,

Lee

Upload all your documents, DIBP accept colour scans of original documents without them required to be certified, it use to be that these needed to be uploaded within 28 days, not sure if this has changed. I thought it was 60 days to lodge application after invitation.

Most people upload all these after they lodge the application.

Thanks again for your response.

I think this the process is becoming clearer to me.

So first of of all after being invited by skill select I have 60 days to lodge my application, this involves filling in details regarding my employment, passport details etc. I also need to pay for my application. Following that I have 28 days to upload all required documents (excluding medical and police check certificates).

Is this right?

Lee

Regarding certified documents all my P60's are original documents. The newer ones are issued on orange paper and the older ones are just plain black and white. As I understand I would have to certify the black and white 'originals' whilst the color 'originals' I can just scan in myself and upload to DIAC (in color of course)...

Thanks in advance (hopefully not too many more questions) I'm clear on guidance for required evidence etc.

Lee

Regarding certified documents all my P60's are original documents. The newer ones are issued on orange paper and the older ones are just plain black and white. As I understand I would have to certify the black and white 'originals' whilst the color 'originals' I can just scan in myself and upload to DIAC (in color of course)...

Thanks in advance (hopefully not too many more questions) I'm clear on guidance for required evidence etc.

Lee

I don't think it actually works that way. The wording is 'colour scans of original documents' which is not a reference to the colour of the original document. I'm not sure of the specific technicalities but suspect there may a difference between a colour scan of a B&W document and a B&W scan of a B&W document. I'd be just sending colour scans of everything and if the CO wants anything else, they'll ask.

Ozmaniac, thanks for the response.

The immigration website is confusing, in the document checklist link http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/189.aspx it states

'All supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded with your application. All documents that you provide must be certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless specifically requested to do so by the department. Documents not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations.'

To me, I read that everything thats uploaded must be certified by a solicitor?

Yes scan in colour even if the doc is in black and white. The information regarding colour scans being accepted use to be on the website, but they changed the design of the website when skillselect started and must of removed it as contains info from old visas that are no longer available.

In our request letter from our CO it stated that they accepted colour scans. If they need it certified they can request but save you a lot of money when you have loads of docs, especially payslips etc.

Archived