Permanent Residency Query

RJan

Hi All,

I would like to know whether I have a possibility to apply permanent residency. Any response will be awesome :)

Here's my case:

I am 25 years old

I've graduated from UQ with Master in Food Technology (a 2 years course)

I have a proficient IELTS

Currently under 485 (Temp Graduate) visa

Have been working as a QA officer in a food manufacturing company for 5 months now.

Have a brother (who have PR) in Melbourne

I think I have enough 60 points by now, the problem is QA or even food technology is not in SOL.

Is there any possibility for me to apply PR?

I believe I need an SOL occupation for 457, right?

I am eyeing on 186

But still, the occupation is not in the SOL. Can they still sponsor me in this case?

I still have 1.5 year left on my 485. So I am thinking to change my job or something if there is any other option.

Have you checked the csol list as well?

it is also imporant when looking at the lists to do so remembering that what an occupation is called can be different to what it is called on the lists.

However, if it isn't on either then it is unlikely you will qualify for a visa - even a 457 requires an occupation on one of the lists.

It it may be worth running your case past a good migration agent such as Go Matilda.

The Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) lists the occupations that are eligible for employer and state sponsored visas.

For a state sponsored 190 or 489 visa, the occupation must also be on a state list of occupations eligible for sponsorship by that state and you must be able to get sponsorship approval (states typically have additional experience or other requirements), you must have a positive skills assessment and 60 points on the points test (you get 5 points for state sponsorship for a permanent visa). Food Technologist is currently listed only by Tasmania but they require offshore and mainland applicants to have 5 years experience in the occupation and a job offer.

For a temporary employer sponsored visa (457), you must have sponsorship by an eligible sponsor. After 2 years on a 457, you can be sponsored by the same employer for a permanent 186 ENS or 187 RSMS visa via the Temporary Residence Transition stream.

If you have a willing and eligible sponsor, it is also possible to apply for a 186 ENS or 187 RSMS visa via the Direct Entry stream without needing to first work for two years on a 457. You must meet additional requirements (e.g. for a 186, a positive skills assessment and 3 years work experience) for a DE application.

Refer to ANZSCO for a description of any occupation:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Previousproducts/1220.0Contents02006?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=1220.0&issue=2006&num=&view= ANZSCO

The occupation of Food Technologist 234212 is assessed by VETASSESS. You won't need skills assessment for a 457 and probably not for a 187.

http://www.vetassess.com.au/Skills-Assessment-for-Migration VETASSESS migration skills assessment

Having a brother in Melbourne won't help.

Archived