using a registered migration agent? are they worth it etc?

thej35ter

It depends on how much research you have done, how much information is available online for what you are applying for, how much time you have on your hands and how much money you have free.

I have spent years on this forum researching the visa process, I have read every thread on here about the process for my profession applying for PR 189 and I have the time to get my documents together. I am used to filling in forms, my husband is used to checking forms over to ensure they are accurate. So for us the £1200 quoted just was not necessary.

If time is of the essence or your case is not straight forward an agent would be invaluable.

If your application is straightforward. ie. no issues establishing your relationship is genuine, no children with ex partners, no health issues for the applicant or any dependents associated with the application then probably not. We were in this category and had no problems doing it ourselves. You need to be methodical and well organised putting the evidence and documents together and it helps if you work as a team doing this. You have to do all this yourselves really whether or not you engage an agent but it comes down to your confidence really.

We've just finished our application having used an agent. Its not cheap but we felt it was worth it. If nothing else just for the reassurance that everything was done correct. Filling forms out certainly isn't my strongest point! But as said before if you have time, are really organised and have no real issues with your application then you should be able to do it yourself.

Archived