regarding 489 to 887 in darwin

lulu01

• 3 months later...
i thanks a tonne, i don't know who u r wat u do. helped me so so much

Hi,

If I have completed health examination during 489 visa, please let me know whether they will ask the medical again.

You won't need another medical but I'm pretty sure you and your partner will need PCCs.

Hi,

Thanks for information; I just have couple of clarifications.

I have moved first and my family has joined later (after one year).

Since I have lived two years and my family members have lived one year in designated area at the time of applying 887 visas, are there any problem to obtain the 887 visa for all of them?

Hi,

Thanks for information; I just have couple of clarifications.

I have moved first and my family has joined later (after one year).

Since I have lived two years and my family members have lived one year in designated area at the time of applying 887 visas, are there any problem to obtain the 887 visa for all of them?

The whole family must have lived, worked and studied only in the designated area as holders of 489s but only the main applicant for the 887 (i.e. you) needs to have met the 2 years living/1 year working in the designated area requirements for eligibility to apply for the 887. As long as the rest of the family have lived, worked and studied only in the right location and hold 489s, there is no need for them to have done so for 2 years.

The whole family must have lived, worked and studied only in the designated area as holders of 489s but only the main applicant for the 887 (i.e. you) needs to have met the 2 years living/1 year working in the designated area requirements for eligibility to apply for the 887. As long as the rest of the family have lived, worked and studied only in the right location and hold 489s, there is no need for them to have done so for 2 years.

Hi,

That is good news for me.Thanks very much.

• 8 months later...

My situation is similar.

I am the primary holder of 489 visa, worked for 1 year & half and lived in designated area for one year and eight months. However, I lost my job due to high level discrimination; I complained to Fairwork and Anti Dscrimination Department and got some compensation.

Thereafter, I found it impossible to secure another job for 4 months. I called the sponsoring state explained my ordeal and I was told go and I was released since I had stayed one and a half years plus, I also have to support my family but I don't have this in writing.

After they verbally released me, I still spent close to $3000 to get training, tickets and licences and still got no job. Anyway, I had to move to another regional area to work as my finance was depleted and have been doing so in the last 4 months.

I still have my wife and children in the state that sponsored us while I visit them once in a while.

1. Can I still apply for 887 since I still maintain my lease and family there. The electricity bill for instance, still comes in my name.

2. Will I be viewed as breaking the conditions of my visa? I showed good faith and tried everything to get another job so as not be separated from my family?

3. Can I apply for 887 or allow my wife be primary applicant? She has a causal job but works full time hours

• 6 months later...

Hi MaggieMay24,

Kindly help me.

I am living in Darwin NT.I have completed 2 years stay in regional area recently.i have fulfilled work conditions.but in my 2 year stay in Darwin I went to overseas for 3 months.can I apply for subclass 887 now?or do I need to wait 3 more months to apply for subclass 887?

Archived