TRA - turnaround

susanbro

Has anyone used TRA for their skills test. My OH is a painter and we have submitted the paperwork today to TRA. Our agent has advised there is a 2 month turnaround on this but I've seen other people have this back in 2 weeks.

Can anyone advise how long they waited?

Thanks xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick update for anyone srill awaiting the outcome from TRA - We are at week 11 now and still waiting but a friend of mines is a week in front and got an email from TRA this morning to advise they are working 2 weeks behind due to an influx in applications, so looking like a 14 week wait all in xx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry @loftyfreeman that's me just seen your reply. Our skills assessment was failed on 12/05 for a ridiculous reason so we have submitted an appeal which went in on the 27/05 and guess what - we have another 60 day wait for the outcome lol We are currently half way through that wait.

How did you get on? xx

hey @susanbro, I'm sorry to hear you got turned down. The TRA system seems ridiculous to me, I managed to get through it but still.....

i've submitted my 189 application on 8/6 so just waiting now, fingers crossed for both of us.

Keep us updated how you go, I'll probably see it on Facebook first haha!!

• 1 month later...

Hey Susan, firstly so sorry to hear you got turned down, that must of been awful for you :( my fingers are crossed for your appeal!!

Can I ask how long it took you to get your TRA submitted? My husband is also a painter, he got his AQF III in December 2013, IELTS passed last June, but the agent still isn't submitting the TRA. We are getting so frustrated now, this has been going on forever it feels like!

Look forward to hearing from you! x

Hi @Carissa Summers - we are not at week 11 of the 12 week wait so fingers crossed.

As soon as we had the AQF & IELTS in place the TRA was submitted straight away - I'd be a bit concerned as to why, at the end of August, this has still not been done if you have both of them complete??

Hope you get it sorted soon - which agent are you using? xx

Sorry @loftyfreeman that's me just seen your reply. Our skills assessment was failed on 12/05 for a ridiculous reason so we have submitted an appeal which went in on the 27/05 and guess what - we have another 60 day wait for the outcome lol We are currently half way through that wait.

How did you get on? xx

what did it get turned down on? i went over kill for my brother in laws TRA for solid plaster, just submitted anything i could find with references, courses he had done, plus customers references from the work he has done, pay slips, every employer for his working career..

best of luck with it, we submitted at the end of may and just heard back last week.. and the out come was good, got granted,

Oh wow, so not long to go now for you then! The agent is called James Gordon. He just keeps asking for more information but when we ask for a time frame on when it will be submitted he doesn't reply. We are getting really frustrated but we have already paid out over £1000 so I don't want to go anywhere else. Arghh!! x

Oh wow, so not long to go now for you then! The agent is called James Gordon. He just keeps asking for more information but when we ask for a time frame on when it will be submitted he doesn't reply. We are getting really frustrated but we have already paid out over £1000 so I don't want to go anywhere else. Arghh!! x

I had a lok on the MARA website and there is a James Joesph Gordon of Must Migrate who is registered agent - if this is him I would be threatening to report him to MARA as these timescales are just bloody ridiculous. He should have this done in a few days, not months xx

what did it get turned down on? i went over kill for my brother in laws TRA for solid plaster, just submitted anything i could find with references, courses he had done, plus customers references from the work he has done, pay slips, every employer for his working career..

best of luck with it, we submitted at the end of may and just heard back last week.. and the out come was good, got granted,

Hi Stephen, We couldnt trace back his trade papers so had to do the AQF 3 qualification but TRA said they didn't recognise it which is ridiculous as its an Australian qualification lol We only have 4 working days to go so hoping to hear any day now. We fly to Perth on Friday on a 457 so hope this comes back a positive result this time so we can aply straight away for PR xx

Archived