Can any nurses help me

JULIE RYCROFT

Im 41, and currently the ward sister in trauma / orthopaedics, i did the diploma and have 8 years experience, I did the points test on the visa beaura who gave me 65 points, im already registered with AHPRA, the visa company are going to ring me in the next few days so ill pick their brains,

Guest The Pom Queen
I would just apply for the PR visa now, I made the huge mistake of going out to oz 18months ago on sponsorship visa, ended up having probs with my work and basically had to come home as no employer was willing to take over sponsorship. They will always go for someone on PR visa first. Best advice I can give you is apply for PR, you've got that flexibility, plus I wish looking back now I had applied for PR as my 457 sponsorship visa took about 6months from when I first applied to grant date. Gud luck :-)

Sorry to hear that @jkm10 have you another way of getting back here or have you given up on the idea

Sorry to hear that @jkm10 have you another way of getting back here or have you given up on the idea

Pom Queen, I hope to return back to oz in the future, going to apply for PR visa next time, fingers crossed aiming to return 2016/2017. Will be much easier having flexibility of PR next time :-)

Im 41, and currently the ward sister in trauma / orthopaedics, i did the diploma and have 8 years experience, I did the points test on the visa beaura who gave me 65 points, im already registered with AHPRA, the visa company are going to ring me in the next few days so ill pick their brains,

By my reckoning, that comes to 60 points if you can get 20 points for Superior English but that's enough for an Independent 189 visa. A 189 provides Permanent Residence from the day you set foot in Australia and complete independence regarding who you work for and where you work AND you become eligible to apply for citizenship after 4 years. If you have school aged children, PR also makes you eligible for Family Tax Benefits and assistance with childcare costs. If you didn't already have AHPRA registration, your lack of a degree would have been a major hurdle but you have it so no problem there. IMO, it's a no brainer. Go for the 189.

Archived